semitones

wallyboy

Reaction score
i was looking for songs on chordie and it has guitar to ukelelue chords, was wondering what does the semitone transfer do
thanks

I believe it changes the key of the song i.e. if the song is in the key of C and you move up a semitone, it would be in C#, move up two and it will be in D.

I believe it changes the key of the song i.e. if the song is in the key of C and you move up a semitone, it would be in C#, move up two and it will be in D.

Correct. I use that feature before printing a song to avoid the dreaded Bb or E. I'd rather play in C because then at least I can play.

so if it moves up or down it changes all chords in the transfer,
how would i know if to change a song or not

Can you play it? If not, can you play easier it in a different key? Do you play with a vocalist? Is the song in their vocal range, or do you need to up or down a few steps?

It's really up to you.

Can you play it? If not, can you play easier it in a different key? Do you play with a vocalist? Is the song in their vocal range, or do you need to up or down a few steps?

It's really up to you.

thanks, something i will be using,

atb wallyboy

so if it moves up or down it changes all chords in the transfer,
how would i know if to change a song or not

A lot of pop singers have higher ranges than I do, so I usually have to change to a key where I can hit the high notes.

Top Bottom