Kala KA-SMHGS VERSES KALA-SMHS

colemole

Reaction score
Hello all. I bought a Kala KA-SMHGS. Can't figure out what the difference is between the two ukuleles. The SM I believe is solid mahogany, the last S I believe is soprano. What is the H and G stand for? Anyone know?
Thanks

After considering your opinion and looking at the ukuele and don't see a gloss but more of a satin finish. Any other opinions?

Any answers?

I am wanting to purchase a solid body uke and from reading the different posts is sounds like the KALA KA-SMHS is a good option. The SMHGS is as much as $75 less and I can't seem to find any difference in the two. I've only looked online so if I were physically looking at them it may be an obvious difference. Is there anyone out there that can tell me the difference?

i got the kala smhs from southern ukes, they showed a pic with peg tuners and described it with peg tuners just what i wanted, great uke . at the time other shops where selling the smhs showing pic with peg tuners but description with geard tuners, stating you will not recieve the one in pic. [ one to watch out for when buying] i said at the the time there should be an extra letter in the discription .i thought it was s for solid , mh for mahogany, s for suprano ,. and i would guess g for geard [tuners].

Top Bottom