N.U.U.D. Kamaka Long Neck Concert Special

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
New Used Uke Day for me!! I was able to purchase a Kamaka HF-2LS from UU Marketplace.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...oncert-Long-Neck-(HF2-LS)-with-hardshell-case

I used to own a Kamaka Concert and sold it because it had 12 frets to the body. I don't see too many longnecks around so I said when the next one shows up, I'm going to buy it as long as it's a reasonably priced. My friend says that I try to buy "a champagne uke on a beer budget" which is so true :p I'll buy almost anything if the price is right.

Another reason why I wanted to buy THIS uke was that it was ordered in March 2011, which was my 40th Bday and the start of my ukulele journey. Never wanted a uke but I figured I'll try something new. She gave me Carte Blanche but I couldn't imagine why anyone would pay more than $200 for a uke so I splurged and waited until Koaloha had a factory second tenor. She's so lucky as I know a lot more now and I would have bought something bettah!

Here's a sound sample

Last edited:
Daniel, it's gorgeous and sounds fantastic! Congrats.

Last edited:
very very nice Daniel. Lovely playing too mate. She's a real beaut. And those aquilas sounded fine to me. Congrats on a great instrument, and you are in highly esteemed company brother as you share a birthday with miss eugenie :)

very very nice Daniel. Lovely playing too mate. She's a real beaut. And those aquilas sounded fine to me. Congrats on a great instrument, and you are in highly esteemed company brother as you share a birthday with miss eugenie :)

I share the day but too bad I don't share a voice as Miss Eugenie sings beautifully!!

grats for your HF-2LS...
try PHD or LWS strings, you won't regret.

Oh and, you have to try some Low G combination too.
My HF-2LS has low G and I decide to put it on for a long long time.

Congrats Daniel, what a score...yes rarely long necks kamaka's come up...happy strummings..

Congrats Daniel, that's beautiful! I've played one Kamaka long necked concert earlier this year and loved it! I think those Aquilas sound nice too.

Awesome Daniel. I am happy for you, and a little jealous. Time for some Savarez'?

I'm glad you bought it, I was sorely tempted. I really like a tenor neck, and think the concert size Kamakas sound great. I had a chance to Play a Kamaka concert on a recent trip. I thought it sounded the best out of any uke in the store. I can't complain though, I bought a Koaloha tenor sceptre of UU, and it has a smaller body, smaller than a tenor, so kind of a long neck concert.it sounds awesome too. anyway, congrats.

Way to go, Daniel! You and that uke were destined to be together. I hope we'll hear it often for Seasons entries.

Does this mean you're giving up on a Collings UT-1?

That's beautiful! Perfect size, great sound. Congratulations!

GReat video and looks like a wonderful ukulele. Your talent exceeds your months of playing. You are skilled, a natural musician.

And that superb ukulele... well, what can I say. It's not a Collings hog tenor, but it's close.

Thanks everyone. I did put on Martins for now as I didn't have anything else. I will probably buy some Savarez or Southcoast in the future.

As for now, I don't have too much interest for a Collings but if the price is right...I've tried the Collings koa UT-3 and it was avg. at best. Maybe the hog is better?

I hope to play in the seasons but we'll see...I joined a uke group and I find more enjoyment in that and lately, I felt like I was bound by the season vs. enjoying playing in the season. Does that make sense?

After getting this concert, I sorta want to buy a bari as I feel like I really don't need 2 tenors as this uke takes the role of high G uke...expect to see one of my tenors on the marketplace...

I have Martins on my Kamaka longneck concert also. They are much brighter sounding than the Aquilas in your video.

I like the longneck model because not only do you get more frets to the body, but it comes with geared Schaller tuners. The regular neck concert has friction tuners.

Thanks everyone. I did put on Martins for now as I didn't have anything else. I will probably buy some Savarez or Southcoast in the future.

As for now, I don't have too much interest for a Collings but if the price is right...I've tried the Collings koa UT-3 and it was avg. at best. Maybe the hog is better?

I hope to play in the seasons but we'll see...I joined a uke group and I find more enjoyment in that and lately, I felt like I was bound by the season vs. enjoying playing in the season. Does that make sense?

After getting this concert, I sorta want to buy a bari as I feel like I really don't need 2 tenors as this uke takes the role of high G uke...expect to see one of my tenors on the marketplace...

Daniel: which tenors will you sell? You should put your ukuleles in your signature line (like the rest of us) so we can keep track of your comings and goings. lol Plus it helps if someone has quesitons abouta uke in your signatiure -- plus you can clikc or unclic your signatire on any post, so it need not always be there. His Settings above then add Signatiure if interested).

A baritone would be superb for you.

Top Bottom