New U-Bass player

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
A U-Bass came up for sale recently on the marketplace here. I have played one in the store before and was intrigued by them. While drooling and wondering how to pull off buying it, my lovely wife asked me if there was anything special I wanted for Christmas. “Gee, Dear, I happen to know of something!” She just smiled, shook her head and said “Merry Christmas”

My very slightly used Spruce/Mahogany UBass arrived yesterday perfectly packed (Thanks Chris). Of course my wife wanted to see what she bought me so I had to open it early.

Ubass1.jpg

These things are a blast! I haven’t played bass before but know my scales on a guitar so the basics are, hopefully, coming along OK. The booming lows coming out of this little guy are incredible. Unplugged you can play without disturbing others too much but is loud enough to hear across the room. Plugged in they will rattle the rafters with the best of them. Sorry for the lousy phone photo.

I have the best wife!

Last edited:
Very cool indeed. I'm trying to persuade my uke group to purchase one so that everyone can take a turn at it during an evening. Got to do something with the subs that we collect in a jam jar each week

Be ready to have to tune the U-Bass before you play for the next six months while those Pahoehoe strings stretch out!

Merry Christmas and congratulations on your holiday gifts -- the new U-Bass and a spouse who could see how much you wanted it.

Top Bottom