New Ukulele Day: Graziano Baritone

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
This week commemorates the third anniversary of the formation of The Ukulele Cowboy Society. On December 5, 2009, We played our first gig at a party in a hair salon in Columbus, Ohio. Folks were actually sitting in the hair dryer seats listening to the set. It was a real trip.

Couple hundred gigs later, we're still playing jazz and swing and having a fantastic time doing it. Our fan base has grown and we are looking at a bright and music-filled future. And on this auspicious occasion, we are proud to welcome Ella as the newest member to enter the hallowed halls of The Ukulele Cowboy Society.

Ella is a hand-built Baritone Ukulele crafted by Santa Cruz luthier, Tony Graziano. The instrument is solid mahogany with a rosewood radiused fretboard and bridge. It is outfitted with a MiSi pickup.

The nitro-cellulose sunburst finish was provided by Addam Stark, of Addam Stark Guitars.

It is a flat-top F-hole instrument with a soundport in the upper bass bout.

The influences for the design came from two sources (pictured below): The Alvarez Bluesman Flat-top F-hole guitar (overall design) and the Vega Arthur Godfrey Solo-Lute (fretboard design and body bindng.)

Scale length is 20"
Grover Open Backed Geared Tuners

Southcoast Linears: GCEA tuning

Soundfiles will follow after our gig next week.

Thanks for looking!

Ella_FullBody.jpg

EllaFullFront.jpg

EllaBack.jpg

GrazBariInfluences.jpg

gorgeous, I have the same strings on my Gibson bari, works well on it. love the burst. well done!

This week commemorates the third anniversary of the formation of The Ukulele Cowboy Society. On December 5, 2009, We played our first gig at a party in a hair salon in Columbus, Ohio. Folks were actually sitting in the hair dryer seats listening to the set. It was a real trip.

Couple hundred gigs later, we're still playing jazz and swing and having a fantastic time doing it. Our fan base has grown and we are looking at a bright and music-filled future. And on this auspicious occasion, we are proud to welcome Ella as the newest member to enter the hallowed halls of The Ukulele Cowboy Society.

Ella is a hand-built Baritone Ukulele crafted by Santa Cruz luthier, Tony Graziano. The instrument is solid mahogany with a rosewood radiused fretboard and bridge. It is outfitted with a MiSi pickup.

The nitro-cellulose sunburst finish was provided by Addam Stark, of Addam Stark Guitars.

It is a flat-top F-hole instrument with a soundport in the upper bass bout.

The influences for the design came from two sources (pictured below): The Alvarez Bluesman Flat-top F-hole guitar (overall design) and the Vega Arthur Godfrey Solo-Lute (fretboard design and body bindng.)

Scale length is 20"
Grover Open Backed Geared Tuners

Southcoast Linears: GCEA tuning

Soundfiles will follow after our gig next week.

Thanks for looking!

Ella_FullBody.jpg

EllaFullFront.jpg

EllaBack.jpg

GrazBariInfluences.jpg

Very nice!

i got a Tony Graziano Koa tenor about 6 months ago and love it more each time i play it..i got to spend an hour with Tony when my uke was ready..super nice and 30 plus years building ukes..you can see it in his work..and Addam Stark's finish very very nice..i think Addam did some of the Jake ukes for Kamaka

Ohhhh, you beauty! I think that is just incredible :D it's beautiful, and I adore baritones!

gee Mike, that's just beautiful mate. Congrats on the first 3 years of the Ukulele Cowboy Society and here's to many more, you guys are great! As for the uke, it's got a classy old-school look and will fit comfortably into your act. Looks like a million bucks and I bet it sounds like it too... :)

gee Mike, that's just beautiful mate. Congrats on the first 3 years of the Ukulele Cowboy Society and here's to many more, you guys are great! As for the uke, it's got a classy old-school look and will fit comfortably into your act. Looks like a million bucks and I bet it sounds like it too... :)

Thanks, Jon. Appreciate the kind words. Love the new site. Chock full of great content and spent a couple hours digging through it. Hated to see that White Collings go. Heck of a uke. And no better sounding than in your hands...

Mike

Aloha Mike,
Congrats to your new Mahogany baritone Keiki in your Ohana....I love the sweet mahogany tones best...with those f holes and side port it must breathe well and sound awesome..
wow three years already in your Ukulele cowboy society...may you enjoy it many times over in the future....Happy Strummings...

Wow. That Grazaiano certainly does speak 'cowboy'.

I have a spruce/koa baritone. Tony makes sweet ukuleles.

Nice! I love ukes that are traditional, but with a twist!

Congratulations on your beautiful new baritone. Tony has had a booth at the Northern California Ukulele Festival and the Wine Country Ukulele Festival for at least the past couple of years, and I've had the chance to see and play some of his ukuleles. Beautiful, well-crafted, and great sound. I look forward to hearing what yours sounds like.

What are those atypical looking tuners?

Thanks. I'm really happy with the build. My first with the radius fretboard. Something to used to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom