That's Right, I'm an NPC in a Video Game...No, Really

I just remembered, I actually have the honor of being an NPC in a video game. You may not have heard of it, but the game is called Test Drive Unlimited. It was made by Atari in late 2006, early 2007, for the 360, PS2, PSP, and PC. Basically, it was a free-roaming racing game that took place on Oahu. Not the greatest racing game, but a lot of fun.

And you're probably thinking that this is a coincidental name similarity between me and an NPC, but actually, it was very intentional. It only occurs in the PS2 version (and PSP version too, I believe), because that was the version that I was involved with. Anyway, I was a beta tester for the game, and Atari chose the top 30 testers to become immortalized as NPCs in the game. So there I am, president of Hawaii's fictional GT Racers car club, driving a Lamborghini Gallardo. Not bad, if you ask me.

SSL21114.jpg

SSL21371.jpg

SSL21383.jpg

visually, that game looks pretty good actually. how did you get to be a beta tester?

I think I made you do a triple twist in mid-air on a couple of occasions... sorry for that ;)
Too bad they didn't put your pixel face in the window though, that would have been cool.

visually, that game looks pretty good actually. how did you get to be a beta tester?

A friend who had been beta testing for Atari earlier told me about it, and I just applied, and viola, in a few weeks, I had the beta disk. And the game does look pretty nice, if not on PS2, then it's pretty nice on PC/360. I just like doing the race on Tantalus...if you've driven it in real life, then it's just like that in the game, except you go WAY faster.

Top Bottom