Uke Lesson 12 - Let It Snow

Hey everyone! December's episode of Uke Lessons is now up! (Haha, I know, we're two days early - but we've got the holiday spirit!)

plus a Play-Along version of the entire song (with lyrics and chords!):
http://www.viddler.com/explore/ukeunderground/videos/92/

Hope you guys like it! Please let us know what you think. There are a couple of things that are different between the lesson and play-along (can you find them?) - so if you have any questions, just ask!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! December's episode of Uke Lessons is now up! (Haha, I know, we're two days early - but we've got the holiday spirit!)

plus a Play-Along version of the entire song (with lyrics and chords!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxq58RPhBPw

Hope you guys like it! Please let us know what you think. There are a couple of things that are different between the lesson and play-along (can you find them?) - so if you have any questions, just ask!

Excellent stuff! I was hoping I could learn something like this for the time I get back home from uni for Christmas, it's a good song and easy to learn so thank guys. I particularly like Aldrine's hat.

Awesome lesson, and great for the holidays.

I just wanted to register and post to ask that you do the play-along video for all your lessons! It's extremely helpful to hear how you progress from the chords to the picking part and back and the words at the same time.

Good job Dub-A-Ron. Working overtime with the play along. Above and beyond the call.

nice work, but I've got a question about that Abdim chord: I'd prefer to play it with the index finger as barre on the 1st chord, so I just have to use three instead of four fingers, but I could practice to do the 4 finger version as well... I only wonder if it's better to minimize the amount of fingers used for a chord...

nice work, but I've got a question about that Abdim chord: I'd prefer to play it with the index finger as barre on the 1st chord, so I just have to use three instead of four fingers, but I could practice to do the 4 finger version as well... I only wonder if it's better to minimize the amount of fingers used for a chord...

HaileISela - that's a good point! It's totally up to you - whatever feels the most comfortable. I actually think that barring the first fret for the Abdim is a really good idea, because it's a lot easier to transition to the C7 that follows.

And if you do hold the Abdim with four fingers, I find that it's a little easier to transition to C7 if you hold the C7 using your middle finger instead of your pointer finger.

Anyone else have a take on this?

Thankyou Ukulele Underground!!!

Had a great time playing along with you Aldrine

we should do it again sometime:p

haha... "brown santa"...

that Aldrine Guerrero

Happy Holidays!!

Hello guys,
firstable: I'm totally new here and my English is not the best one :D (I come from Germany)

I've got a question.
Where are the chords for "Let it snow?"

It was pretty easy to learn the picking by heart, but I've got some problems to learn the chords, so I would like to read them..

Thank you already.

Ribbity

yayy

omg aldrine the bloopers always crack me up!!
"it's like an interchanging shaka thing."
"i must be the brownest santa ever!"
lol

great lesson! i wanted to learn this song so bad. it's like you read my mind!

Hello guys,
firstable: I'm totally new here and my English is not the best one :D (I come from Germany)

I've got a question.
Where are the chords for "Let it snow?"

It was pretty easy to learn the picking by heart, but I've got some problems to learn the chords, so I would like to read them..

Thank you already.

Ribbity

Guten tag! Here are the chords:

http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7485

First of all, big thanks to Aldrine and UU for this nice lesson + the fancy youtube version! However, I'm having some trouble with the strumming pattern. For example, can someone explain to me what the exact strumming pattern for the first part "Oh, the weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful" looks like? Of course, I know the pattern is DDUUD(U) as described in the video but I don't know where to exactly switch between chords. Figuring out the strumming is still the hardest part for me...

So, any help is most welcome :)

I've only just figured out how to read these DDUUD(U) things myself. They really confused me for a while. I think the trick is to realise that downs (D) are always on the beat an ups (U) are inbetween beats. Until I got that it didn't make any sense. It was like there was information missing.

so if you count 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

Code:
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 
D   D U   U D U

And the chord changes for the first 2 lines go

Code:
1 2 3  4  1 2 3 4
F / C7 / |F / / / |

1 2 3     4  1  2 3 4
F / Abdim / |C7 / / /|

and continuing...

Code:
1  2 3  4  1  2 3 4 
Gm / D7 / |Gm / / / |

1  2 3 4   1 2 3 4
C7 / / / | F / / / |

Does that make sense? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

So the cord changes can happen anywhere in the strumming pattern?

In general, yes, but, assuming 4/4 time, most commonly on 1, less commonly on 3 and even less commonly on 2 or 4. Rarely, the chord can change on the "ands" between the beats.

Thanks Dillbet. My musical training consists of getting kicked out of choir in 2nd grade because I can't carry a tune. Your strumming breakdown makes the music readable for me. Now if I could just find a book that does what you did for several songs.

I was wondering cause the play-along video is gone....
so does anyone have the song's tab like when to change chords something like that?

Top Bottom