confession to make

wallyboy

Reaction score
dropped the wife off for xmas shopping, went home and got out and played the concert ukelelue she got me for xmas nice sound....made sure i put it back in the same place..he...he...he..

You are in sooo much trouble. You do know that wives can tell if anything has been moved or touched.

I hope you live to tell the tale after your wife finds out. Did they ever televise "That 70's Show" in the UK? If not - there was a really funny episode in which the teenage boy took his father's Corvette out while the father was away. All sorts of awful things happened to the car, and the boy had to go to great lengths to make everything appear as if the car hadn't been moved or even touched, including replacing a hair that had been placed on the steering wheel. Unfortunately, he forgot to change the radio station from the rock that he and the beautiful cheerleader had been listening to back to his father's station, so after all of his work and worry, he was found out anyway.

We will all hold our collective breath until your gift is safely unwrapped at the proper time.

Good luck.

Last edited:
dropped the wife off for xmas shopping, went home and got out and played the concert ukelelue she got me for xmas nice sound....made sure i put it back in the same place..he...he...he..
Nice! Be sure you don't get caught; the rule in our house is if you find out what you are getting then it goes back to the store...

You're doomed. As roxhum said -- we notice things.

You are in sooo much trouble. You do know that wives can tell if anything has been moved or touched.
i'm not going to tell her...LOL

I hope you live to tell the tale after your wife finds out. Did they ever televise "That 70's Show" in the UK? If so, or for anyone who watched it - there was a really funny episode in which the teenage boy took his father's Corvette out while the father was away. All sorts of awful things happened to the car, and the boy had to go to great lengths to make everything appear as if the car hadn't been moved or even touched, including replacing a hair that had been placed on the steering wheel. Unfortunately, he forgot to change the radio station from the rock that he and the beautiful cheerleader had been listening to back to his father's station, so after all of his work and worry, he was found out anyway.

We will all hold our collective breath until your gift is safely unwrapped at the proper time.

Good luck.
did'nt see programme, but the A string seemed off after tunning,
yes cant wait to get uke, might even arrange more solo shopping trips for her...LOL

Nice! Be sure you don't get caught; the rule in our house is if you find out what you are getting then it goes back to the store...
no worries there i was with her when she bought it,

You're doomed. As roxhum said -- we notice things.
yes i know thats why i marked out in pencil the position of uke LOL

yes i know thats why i marked out in pencil the position of uke LOL

She's gonna notice the remains of the pencil lines. Face it, you're a dead man.

We could put a single hair on the latch of the case and you'd never notice it.... but we don't have to. We're that good. ;)

Actually I'm worse about giving gifts. I get something awesome for my husband, and I'm the one most likely to spill the beans. I'm horrible. :)

Yeah, that too.

Doomed I say.

man, you're in deep now. make sure to maintain plausible deniability over the next couple of weeks. in a court of law the burden of proof lies with the prosecution, however we're not talking about a courthouse, let alone a fair trial. forgetting for the moment that you're as guilty as as a bear with honey stuck to his mouth, you're gonna want to avoid making statements like "hmm, I've heard carbon strings are good ...", and certainly no whistling of Hawaiian songs - only Christmas carols from here 'til the finish line.

p.s. your wife got you a uke for Christmas! how sweet :)

Top Bottom