PDA

View Full Version : confession to make

wallyboy
12-08-2012, 03:18 AM
dropped the wife off for xmas shopping, went home and got out and played the concert ukelelue she got me for xmas nice sound....made sure i put it back in the same place..he...he...he..

roxhum
12-08-2012, 04:27 AM
You are in sooo much trouble. You do know that wives can tell if anything has been moved or touched.

kvehe
12-08-2012, 04:37 AM
I hope you live to tell the tale after your wife finds out. Did they ever televise "That 70's Show" in the UK? If not - there was a really funny episode in which the teenage boy took his father's Corvette out while the father was away. All sorts of awful things happened to the car, and the boy had to go to great lengths to make everything appear as if the car hadn't been moved or even touched, including replacing a hair that had been placed on the steering wheel. Unfortunately, he forgot to change the radio station from the rock that he and the beautiful cheerleader had been listening to back to his father's station, so after all of his work and worry, he was found out anyway.

We will all hold our collective breath until your gift is safely unwrapped at the proper time.

Good luck.

Tigeralum2001
12-08-2012, 04:42 AM
dropped the wife off for xmas shopping, went home and got out and played the concert ukelelue she got me for xmas nice sound....made sure i put it back in the same place..he...he...he..
Nice! Be sure you don't get caught; the rule in our house is if you find out what you are getting then it goes back to the store...

sukie
12-08-2012, 04:55 AM

You're doomed. As roxhum said -- we notice things.

wallyboy
12-08-2012, 05:30 AM
You are in sooo much trouble. You do know that wives can tell if anything has been moved or touched.
i'm not going to tell her...LOL

I hope you live to tell the tale after your wife finds out. Did they ever televise "That 70's Show" in the UK? If so, or for anyone who watched it - there was a really funny episode in which the teenage boy took his father's Corvette out while the father was away. All sorts of awful things happened to the car, and the boy had to go to great lengths to make everything appear as if the car hadn't been moved or even touched, including replacing a hair that had been placed on the steering wheel. Unfortunately, he forgot to change the radio station from the rock that he and the beautiful cheerleader had been listening to back to his father's station, so after all of his work and worry, he was found out anyway.

We will all hold our collective breath until your gift is safely unwrapped at the proper time.

Good luck.
did'nt see programme, but the A string seemed off after tunning,
yes cant wait to get uke, might even arrange more solo shopping trips for her...LOL

Nice! Be sure you don't get caught; the rule in our house is if you find out what you are getting then it goes back to the store...
no worries there i was with her when she bought it,

yes i know thats why i marked out in pencil the position of uke LOL

vanflynn
12-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice.

ukuhippo
12-08-2012, 05:54 AM
yes i know thats why i marked out in pencil the position of uke LOL

She's gonna notice the remains of the pencil lines. Face it, you're a dead man.

mm stan
12-08-2012, 06:45 AM
He He...hope you put it back the same way...did you see this movie....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091042/

wallyboy
12-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice.
if i leave him some brandy and mince pies when he comes down the chimney that should win him over....lol

She's gonna notice the remains of the pencil lines. Face it, you're a dead man.
i made a good job of rubbing them out...LOL

He He...hope you put it back the same way...did you see this movie....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091042/
not seen film

consitter
12-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Play it as much as you can when she's not around!

wallyboy
12-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Play it as much as you can when she's not around!

the only thing is i have to go shopping with her next week, so looks like now i'll have to wait till christmas, never been so excited over a present

angiec
12-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Sounds like something I'd do. :o

ricdoug
12-09-2012, 04:33 AM

Yup, he stepped in it big time. Women may not tell you, but they always know. Ric

sukie
12-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Question of the day -- did she say anything?

Newportlocal
12-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Or has she been eerily quiet.:D

sukie
12-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Or has she been eerily quiet.:D

Yeah, that too.

Doomed I say.

Newportlocal
12-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Yeah, that too.

Doomed I say.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w466/Deckhand1/5F9D1F65-A575-41E7-A9FA-546D5E64781A-1981-000002B0DEE1169F.jpg

Plainsong
12-09-2012, 10:06 AM
We could put a single hair on the latch of the case and you'd never notice it.... but we don't have to. We're that good. ;)

Actually I'm worse about giving gifts. I get something awesome for my husband, and I'm the one most likely to spill the beans. I'm horrible. :)

Yeah, that too.

Doomed I say.

Fisherman
12-09-2012, 10:20 AM
man, you're in deep now. make sure to maintain plausible deniability over the next couple of weeks. in a court of law the burden of proof lies with the prosecution, however we're not talking about a courthouse, let alone a fair trial. forgetting for the moment that you're as guilty as as a bear with honey stuck to his mouth, you're gonna want to avoid making statements like "hmm, I've heard carbon strings are good ...", and certainly no whistling of Hawaiian songs - only Christmas carols from here 'til the finish line.

p.s. your wife got you a uke for Christmas! how sweet :)

buddhuu
12-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Yup, he stepped in it big time. Women may not tell you, but they always know. Ric

^ This.

Dude, you're toast.

Linho
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Why did noone ask which ukulele it is? Please tell! ;)

Louis0815
12-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Why did noone ask which ukulele it is?Because this doesn't matter when you're toast....

Linho
12-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Because this doesn't matter when you're toast....
Sure it does, I wanna know if the ukulele is worth beeing toasted! Hopefully it's a "ukulele to die for". :D

wallyboy
12-10-2012, 07:00 AM
she did not say anything and i sure as hell not gonna tell her LOL

man, you're in deep now. make sure to maintain plausible deniability over the next couple of weeks. in a court of law the burden of proof lies with the prosecution, however we're not talking about a courthouse, let alone a fair trial. forgetting for the moment that you're as guilty as as a bear with honey stuck to his mouth, you're gonna want to avoid making statements like "hmm, I've heard carbon strings are good ...", and certainly no whistling of Hawaiian songs - only Christmas carols from here 'til the finish line.

p.s. your wife got you a uke for Christmas! how sweet :)
only if she finds out i'm gonna keep it to myseelf,

Why did noone ask which ukulele it is? Please tell! ;)
it is one of these http://www.brightonguitars.co.uk/folk-instruments/ukeleles/tanglewood-ukeleles/tanglewood-cove-creek-ukuleles/tanglewood-tu-7-x-spl

kvehe
12-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Ok, that was worth it. I love spalted ukes.

vanflynn
12-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Nice looking uke. You didn't drool on it, did you. That would be a dead give-away!

sukie
12-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice looking uke. You didn't drool on it, did you. That would be a dead give-away!

Hahahahahahaha!

Never even thought of that.:-)

fretie
12-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Spalted! Maple! Nice!

I say play it as often as you can...its good to make acquaintance with the uke before xmas day so that you can immediately serenade your lovely generous wife upon opening the pressie!!! Makes total sense. Only thinking of her. Being so kind. :-)

NatalieS
12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Your acting skills are going to have to be on par with Meryl Streep on Christmas morning to get away with this. ;-) Trust me, I have soooo much experience acting my way through opening presents. Practice now.

LifesShort
12-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I did the same thing with a uke that my wife bought for me for my birthday. My teenage son that I thought could keep a secret ratted me out. Let's just say that it was uncomfortable around my house that day!

wallyboy
12-12-2012, 01:01 AM
LOL.....i wiped it clean and put it back in the exact place, she has'nt acted hostile towards me so should be ok methinks,

Spalted! Maple! Nice!

I say play it as often as you can...its good to make acquaintance with the uke before xmas day so that you can immediately serenade your lovely generous wife upon opening the pressie!!! Makes total sense. Only thinking of her. Being so kind. :-)
i will take your advice, as i have to-day off and she is working, he...he...he...

Your acting skills are going to have to be on par with Meryl Streep on Christmas morning to get away with this. ;-) Trust me, I have soooo much experience acting my way through opening presents. Practice now.
i will practice the surprised look,

I did the same thing with a uke that my wife bought for me for my birthday. My teenage son that I thought could keep a secret ratted me out. Let's just say that it was uncomfortable around my house that day!
oh dear not good, did you kick him out LOL,