"You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You"

H

Hippie Dribble

1944. Russ Morgan; Larry Stock; James Cavanaugh.

gorgeous popular American standard made famous by Cab Calloway, Sam Cooke, Count Basie, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and others.

this recording was inspired by Patricia who entered the song in the season 42 contest the other day and did a brilliant version of it. I had never heard the song before and now I'm totally in love with it, so thanks Patricia!! I played it on an Ono curly mango concert ukulele. Blessings all and thanks for listening. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhMpWqsR1WU

Love Dat song bruddah..and a great job on you progession style ....you remind me of snoopy's Shirt...Joe cool....keep um coming bruddah
love your range of all types of songs...woo hoo

Wonderful song, Jon. You made my day, bro!

excellent tune, brother Jon, and a sweet performance to boot. This tune - Deano's version - really took off with the 'younger' generation here in the States back in the 90's during a brief swing revival when it appeared in the film "Swingers" - a great soundtrack from a fairly decent movie.....

Brilliant as always, Jon ... Keep it up and dont sell any more of your ukes, ok?
Cheers!
Glenn

thanks a lot guys!

Cam and Stan, thanks for the encouraging comments fellas, you guys are always so kind to me.

David, it's just a pleasure to play that uke mate and I'm glad you're getting a kick out of hearing it played and appreciated.

Bill, thanks for the reference brother, I'll check out that movie. :)

Jon -

This is just wonderful - I really love your playing and it's just gets better and better. Lovely performance!!

thanks a lot for watching John and for your comment mate. Have a great gig next Monday night!

cheers Bill, will grab the soundtrack instead.

Top Bottom