Great Christmas Gift!! Brad Donaldson Koa Tenor w/ K&K Twinspot Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
As much as I love this uke, I want to sell as I just purchased a Kamaka HF2-LS Concert Uke. I only need one high G uke and both are koa so I would like to have variety. I am interested in trades for a Baritone Uke.

SOLD

You don't see hardly any Donaldson ukes for sale and I pretty much asked for every upgrade that Brad will do. Wait list for these ukes is long.

Specs:

* Koa Tenor Body
* Ebony fretboard, bridge, headstock
* Peghed tuners
* 14 Frets to the body
* Turquoise Recon Stone for fretdots and strip for bridge
* Strung w/ Southcoast Medium-Hard Tension Strings
* Ebony saddle and will also come with extra ivory saddle
* Abalone Rosette

Upgrades:

* Cutaway
* Side Soundport
* Curly Maple Binding on the Body
* Bounded Fretboard
* Maple Purfling along fretboard and headstock
* Glossy Truoil with sanding between each application to fill in pores to make it smoother surface
* K&K Twinspot

Some of the not so fine stuff:

* Some of the finish is inconsistent w/ some small scratches were there when I got it
* Little extra piece of maple binding in the connection of the cutaway (Pic attached)
* Strum marks (I created those)
* Slight indentation at upper neck around the 1st fret area...Picture won't show anything as it's very minor. Don't notice when playing and don't know how it got there

Will come with Tweed Hardshell case with key but no strap.

Here is my initial review of the uke and there's a video of me using the ebony saddle and Pro Arte strings

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?69140-New-Uke-for-Me!-Donaldson-Tenor-Cutaway

Here's a sound sample with ivory saddle and Savarez strings

https://soundcloud.com/nongdam

Please ask questions and thanks for looking

IMG_2071.jpgIMG_2067.jpgIMG_2068.jpgIMG_2069.jpgIMG_2070.JPG

Last edited:
Now Daniel don't start tempting me with these nice ukes here at Christmas time. I just got my hospital bill the other day from my heart attack and my part after insurance is $7300 so no more ukes for me for a while to come. I'll bet if it weren't for that I'd be sending you a message. Nice uke. I don't know what your putting up next but I'm not even going to look at it because I'm sure I'll want it..lol.

Now Daniel don't start tempting me with these nice ukes here at Christmas time. I just got my hospital bill the other day from my heart attack and my part after insurance is $7300 so no more ukes for me for a while to come. I'll bet if it weren't for that I'd be sending you a message. Nice uke. I don't know what your putting up next but I'm not even going to look at it because I'm sure I'll want it..lol.

Wow Mark,

I haven't been following UU as closely so sorry to hear that you had a heart attack. Are you ok now?

I'm sure I can make an exception for a trade of your Collings...I don't have any hog ukes...Of course, I couldn't take one from your mom as you have such a lovely pic. or her playing but I'm more than happy to take yours! LOL

It should be better now :)

My heart is good to go now no damage. One stent this time in my right main. 3 years ago my left main was 99% blocked and called the widow maker. I got 2 stents then. So I'm a pretty lucky guy. Please don't tempt me on the Collings you know they are both keepers. DK has been good to me and always takes care of me.
Wow Mark,

I haven't been following UU as closely so sorry to hear that you had a heart attack. Are you ok now?

I'm sure I can make an exception for a trade of your Collings...I don't have any hog ukes...Of course, I couldn't take one from your mom as you have such a lovely pic. or her playing but I'm more than happy to take yours! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom