New uke day - kind of!!!

bennyhana22

Reaction score
So today, after months of anticipation, a parcel arrived at my house.

Inside lies my beautiful new Pete Howlett custom soprano - all indigenous British wood: non-bookmatched English Cherry body; Scottish alder neck; 3500 year old bog oak fingerboard.

All good! Except that, fool that I am, I have decided to prolong the agoby further and not open it until Christmas Day! I LOVE Christmas so much that this will make it just about the best ever.

So, it's sort of a New Uke Day!

I'll post pictures and a first impression as soon as I can after it properly becomes mine. Until then, it's more delicious anticipation...

Ben
x

I am thinking about doing the same with my first ukulele xD !
I ordered it the 27th from HMS in Hawaii and it arrived in Denmark (Europe) the 6th of december. Now it remains trapped in 'border customs', so I just sent my receit to them to fasten the tax thing... I think we are the most taxated nation in the world hehe, so silly all these taxes we have..

Anyway should receive a package with a Koalana Concert next week :)

Merry christmas
Peace!

No we're right with you in Finland!

So this is your first uke? You did good by getting it from people who know what they're doing. What did you get?

I am thinking about doing the same with my first ukulele xD !
I ordered it the 27th from HMS in Hawaii and it arrived in Denmark (Europe) the 6th of december. Now it remains trapped in 'border customs', so I just sent my receit to them to fasten the tax thing... I think we are the most taxated nation in the world hehe, so silly all these taxes we have..

Anyway should receive a package with a Koalana Concert next week :)

Merry christmas
Peace!

Oh I believe you are right xD
I ordered the KoAlana Concert size from theukulelesite.com, it is the little KoAloha branch made in Thailand limited i believe! I have much confidence in in all of the 'K'-ukulele makers! ( :

Oh, people like those. I have its Koaloha relative and haven't felt a huge need to find a better concert. :)

But you gotta wait to open it. It has to acclimate to the temps here. May as well wrap it and make it the longest 2 weeks ever.

Oh I believe you are right xD
I ordered the KoAlana Concert size from theukulelesite.com, it is the little KoAloha branch made in Thailand limited i believe! I have much confidence in in all of the 'K'-ukulele makers! ( :

Hard to admit, but yeah you are probably right xD Makes for one great christmas though !!

Peace

Oh, people like those. I have its Koaloha relative and haven't felt a huge need to find a better concert. :)

But you gotta wait to open it. It has to acclimate to the temps here. May as well wrap it and make it the longest 2 weeks ever.

ONLY ONE MORE SLEEP!

Tomorrow I will finally get to open the package that contains my new custom Pete Howlett Soprano!
I'm nervous and excited all at once.
Biggest issue is, what will be the first thing I'll play on it?
I kind of feel that thre should be some gentle symbolism to my choice of first ever song played on this, most special of new ukes!

I just can't wait and will post my thoughts and photos as soon as Christmas mayhem allows!!!

Merry Christmas to all you lovely UU'ers

Ben
x

Merry Christmas! I must say, you have more will-power than I do. Enjoy the moment!
-joe

If Denmark is like Sweden or Finland, then tonight was the big night. The next day is for continued playing with new toys. :)

ONLY ONE MORE SLEEP!

Tomorrow I will finally get to open the package that contains my new custom Pete Howlett Soprano!
I'm nervous and excited all at once.
Biggest issue is, what will be the first thing I'll play on it?
I kind of feel that thre should be some gentle symbolism to my choice of first ever song played on this, most special of new ukes!

I just can't wait and will post my thoughts and photos as soon as Christmas mayhem allows!!!

Merry Christmas to all you lovely UU'ers

Ben
x

Top Bottom