G String Uke's

ShortCut

Reaction score
Hey, I was looking into custom made ukes.. I looked at G String Ukulele's but are they really worth the money? I looked at Dasilvia and didnt really like they're ukes, as well as Chuck Moore, but wasnt sure if he did customs or not... Any advice on G strings?

What didn't you like about DaSilva's? The great thing about custom ukes is that they are custom. Just because he doesn't have one that appeals to your eye, doesn't mean he can't make one. He's a nice guy. Give him a call or email and discuss what you are looking for.

As for G-String. I have stayed away from them because of the minor problems members on this board have has with them. For the price they are asking, the shouldn't have any issues.

I didnt know that Dasilvia made customs.. I thought they jsut made the ukes that were on they're page... I'll send them an email then. Do you know how much an average dasilvia custom is?

Hey, I was looking into custom made ukes.. I looked at G String Ukulele's but are they really worth the money? I looked at Dasilvia and didnt really like they're ukes, as well as Chuck Moore, but wasnt sure if he did customs or not... Any advice on G strings?

Chuck Moore only really does customs and they're incredible. It's more like a piece of art than an instrument but they sound good too as well from what I've heard. Check out his website here:

http://www.moorebettahukes.com

Ive looked at Chucks site many times, I loveed the look of the double neck tenor, just a bit to expensive for me. Im not sure if it can be done, but I would like a custom made that is shaped like a telecaster. I really like the shape of it, but not sure if anyone can make one for me...

I think Im going to email Chuck Moore about the starting price of one of his customs, and go from there. Figure out how much more I need to save to get one...

I think his base prices are 1100 (soparano & concert) and 1200 (tenor), go from there.

Yeah I saw.. I want a tenor, so it's going to start at 1200... it's going to take a bit to get the money, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Edit; where should I post pics of my uke? I would like to post mine for you guys to see, but not sure where to? Then I'l ltry to get some up tonight

He currently has two for sale @1200 apiece on his website which he calls Simple Elegance. No bling, just plain, beautifully crafted instruments. Check it out.

moorebettahukes.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. I think I should get one of those before jumping into one of his more expensive customs.

I really like this one, but its 550 more than the ''simple elagance''. Do you think that this one is worthe the exxtra 550?

moorebettah_gecko.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If your financial situation allows you to, then by all means . . . but personally, I like the looks and simplicity of $1200 and they're still Chuck Moore creations.

It's a personal choice, but to me $550 is a lot for lizards and rope. :eek:

I've played a couple of Chuck's simple ukes and let me tell you, there nothing simple about the sound and playability of the ukes. Email him, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to "talk story" about what you want.

For $550 more, you are getting a gloss finish, a cutaway, spalted full figured koa...along with the geckos and rope ; ).

Last edited:
Im now stuck between a simple elagence from Chuck of the Hulacaster from Graziano. What is making me lean more towards Chuck is the fact it tells me and is more descriptive on how the uke is made, where with Graziano's I could'nt find any of that, only a price (300 more).. Which would you guys choose? Any why? And is the Graziano a tenor?

Last edited:
I haven't played the Graziano telecaster style uke, but I have played other Graziano ukes. I have played Chuck's ukes, have seen them being made, and have spoken to Chuck himself. I'm quite sure you will not be disappointed with an uke from Moore Bettah, but I admit, I'm biased ;).

Chuck has a money back gaurantee, ask him about it.

i have a teleuke from earnest instruments and its totally awesome. The graziano hulacaster looks super slick!! If you are planning on getting one imo the shape totally gives it a unique sound. So if your looking for a more "traditional" uke then you should really look into it a little more.

As far as moore or graziano I'm sure choosing either or will be a good choice . You've narrowed it down to two very talked about and complimented makers here. Whatever we say should not interfere with your choice as is it will be YOURS alone. Keep doing the research and I'd suggest calling or emailing your prospects. Going right to the source is the way to go!!!!

Top Bottom