Kamaka HF-3 on ebay UK

Says he's from St Albans, I wonder if he plays with the Verplayers? If so then Hms or UkukleleDaveey may know him.

Last edited:
ooohhh its only 45 minutes from me now to get 190 spondolics, may have to sell myself at the docks lol, if i had the money i would snap this up, gonna follow it though on evilbay :)

That looks sweet, but it's still got 4 days to go, so the people that are bidding already must be novice evilbayers! When I put stuff on,I put it one thursday night to end sunday and the real bidding starts in the last 15 minutes, so I bet it will make it's money. I've put it one my watch list just to see how much it goes for.

Last edited:
4 days to go in the auction so price will definately go up to something more realistic!
H

Odd that he hasn't put a realistic starting price on it! Aren't you compelled to sell it at the 'top price that is bid' otherwise? What if it doesn't get to the 800 Quid?

Roberta

Odd that he hasn't put a realistic starting price on it! Aren't you compelled to sell it at the 'top price that is bid' otherwise? What if it doesn't get to the 800 Quid?

Roberta
I expect there is a reserve on it.

The "Theory" of low starting price auctions is that you suck people in who would otherwise just ignore an auction that starts at a higher price. After putting in a low bid and watching the auction they decide that they have to have it and put in higher bids. Often it works if the item is desirable enough AND enough people with money to spend SEE the auction in time. I've seen it work. I've seen it fail. You need nerves of steel as the seller as the sale price usually takes off in the last few minutes if not the last 15 seconds.

Its a gamble. My advise to new eBay sellers is set the start price at the lowest price you would absolutely accept as a sale price. Be reasonable. The lower the start price the more potential bidders you will attract but its always a risk. If there is a price that you absolutely want and you won't accept anything less then set a "buy it now" auction. I look at these high opening bid auctions and then go away. I'm not going to put in a high initial bid, be on the hook financially to pay if I win for days and then be gazzumped by $1.50 in the last minute. I might decide to " buy it now" at a reasonable price if I'm guaranteed to win the auction.

Different strategies. Different risks.

Anthony

Top Bottom