New Taylor Mahogany Ukuleles - Builders Reserve VII

PedalFreak

Reaction score
My shop just got these in. Thought everyone would like to see these. I actually like these better than the koa ones they did at the beginning of the year! They come with a nice hardshell case this time.

If I get some time later I'll make a video or make an audio clip!

taylorukeset.jpg

taylorukes.jpg

taylorukecase.jpg

They look lovely! Are they always sold as unit (guitar and uke together)? I know it is completely out of my price range, but they are very beautiful!

Oh man, I love that triple uke shot! :)

I am a Taylor Girl. I saw this set when it was first introduced by Taylor. Wish funds were unlimited..they are beautiful.

I am a Taylor Girl. I saw this set when it was first introduced by Taylor. Wish funds were unlimited..they are beautiful.

I'm a Taylor guy...but I'm not sure I could bring myself to spend that much for the set even if I had it to spend. Maybe if I hit one of those big Powerball lotteries...

Of course, ten years or so ago I went down to my local Taylor dealer with a pocket full of money fully intending to get one of the Taylor high-end guitars. After I played everything he had (and this guy carries almost everything Taylor makes) I came home with a 312-CE. None of the more expensive guitars played or sounded any better, and I just couldn't bring myself to spend a boatload on bling.

John

I'm a Taylor guy...but I'm not sure I could bring myself to spend that much for the set even if I had it to spend. Maybe if I hit one of those big Powerball lotteries...

Of course, ten years or so ago I went down to my local Taylor dealer with a pocket full of money fully intending to get one of the Taylor high-end guitars. After I played everything he had (and this guy carries almost everything Taylor makes) I came home with a 312-CE. None of the more expensive guitars played or sounded any better, and I just couldn't bring myself to spend a boatload on bling.

John
John, I agree that is alot to spend on bling. I love my 414 and even my GS Mini. Still the great Taylor sound without the bells and whistles. That's what makes Taylor great. But, all I was saying is if money wasn't an issue, that set is beautiful in my eyes. I'm way to conservative to own it. I'm much too practical. I do love my Taylors.

So is that a $6,000.00 guitar and a $2,000.00 uke, both in mahogany? Or a $5,500.00 guitar and a $2,500.00 uke?

I'm not charging enough...back to the spread sheets...

I like that one tone burst on mahogany.

Aesthetically, I think the waist should have been tightened though.

So is that a $6,000.00 guitar and a $2,000.00 uke, both in mahogany? Or a $5,500.00 guitar and a $2,500.00 uke?

$5498 Guitar, $2500 Ukulele.

Not a bad price for the uke, as Andy Power's ukes usually start at $3000! And Andy and his team at Taylor are the ones that build these ukes.

So this is the second run or a third?
I was talking to a Taylor rep about these lately and he indicated that they wouldn't do a uke as a stand alone, which didn't surprise me but a guy can dream, right?

It's a $1500.00 guitar, $1000.00 ukulele and $5500.00 of marketing and overhead for each set.

Thus, you're way ahead of Taylor!

Aloha Ricky,
Ha Ha.....You know Taylor has always has always overpriced their instruments....way too expensive for my blood.....but I really want a uke from you Before You raise your prices..
Do I get first cousin prices....please....Stan

You know how long can they build limited edition sets and still maintain the same high prices when they are more going around now??? sheesh
just not geared for my budget I guess....shoots

I think they really should've done something to make this uke stand out more, like some kind of inlay. Otherwise when they start making a production uke (if they do) it might look just the same

I think they really should've done something to make this uke stand out more, like some kind of inlay. Otherwise when they start making a production uke (if they do) it might look just the same

Everything that I've heard about the "production ukes" is that there would be 3 levels of them: standard, deluxe & premium. The burst and the ivroid inlays are really cool on these in person. I doubt the standard version would be as cool as this one. But I'm looking forward to the production runs, I'd like to think the standard would be a satin finish mahogany. All of there satin finished guitars really ring nice IMO.

Everything that I've heard about the "production ukes" is that there would be 3 levels of them: standard, deluxe & premium. The burst and the ivroid inlays are really cool on these in person. I doubt the standard version would be as cool as this one. But I'm looking forward to the production runs, I'd like to think the standard would be a satin finish mahogany. All of there satin finished guitars really ring nice IMO.

So, is Taylor planning to produce just ukes (not part of a set)?

Top Bottom