Uncle Rod's Boot Camp... for Baritone... sort of

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
I've received several requests for a Baritone edition of the Boot Camp, but as busy as I am (read 'lazy') I've decided to encourage each of you Baritone ukulele players who would like a 'copy'... to create your own Practice Sheets!

Here's what I recently wrote in answer to a request from one of you gracious Baritoners:

As you know the chord shapes are the same for both Soprano and Baritone, but due to the difference in tunings (GCEA for soprano and DGBE for baritone) the NAMES of the chord shapes are different.

Going from Soprano chords to Baritone chords, the chord names are 5 'letters' apart (from A to G) so that the C shape on the soprano should be called G (C-D-E-F-G) on the Baritone (same fingering), and soprano F will be baritone C (F-G-A-B-C). [clear as mud?]

With that said, simply re-name the chords for each practice sheet and you'll have, in substance, a Boot Camp for the Baritone! :)

keep uke'in',

Also, I've recently uploaded my Holiday Performance Songbook for you all to enjoy :) see link below:D

uuuhhhh...

I'll be honest, I don't think I can do that :(

Baritone - just take any easy guitar book and delete the two strings from the left and you have
baritone uke books. That is the instruction have given to those who want to play with a baritone
or a tenor with a re entrant D. Same chords.

For the really lazy PM me and I'll email a link to my version which Uncle Rod has seen. It's just the chord sheets though without the explanatory blurb.

Ben

Ben_H to the rescue!

Mahalo, Ben.

The 'Blurb' would probably be the same for both 'Boot Camp' manuals,
so what you really need is what Ben created... the Practice Sheets
with real Baritone Chords!

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom