Opahcat is selling on Ebay again!!

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that Opahcat (John Kitakis from Pono) is selling some factory seconds again! Just type in Pono Ukulele

I'd love to get that parlor guitar if it wouldn't spell the end of my life and/or marriage.

Good tip. Sure lots of people can use a great uke at a deal.

Wow...ouch...arghhh - I was within a click of buying an MBD - very hard to pass up at that price. C'mon people - hurry up and buy all of the baritones before I weaken...

Wow...ouch...arghhh - I was within a click of buying an MBD - very hard to pass up at that price. C'mon people - hurry up and buy all of the baritones before I weaken...

Yesterday you said you might get a Bruko baritone. Mine directly from Herr Pfieffer should be here in, oh, (looks at watch) 48 hours. John, you're as fickle as a pickle. Lol.

Daniel, is Opahcat John Kitakis? I could have sworn there was a thread on here 4 months ago where Andrew K chimed in and said it was a respected uke refinisher repair person that used to work for KoOlau. He didn't mention his Dad.

I could have it all wrong though. I have the memory of a fruit bat.

Last edited:

If you got the $ and want to play (or just try) a good baritone. Buy it.

Here's a great video of a Pono MBD being played well. This video even made me think about a baritone.

Hello. My name is John and I'm an addict. It has been...seven minutes...since my last ukulele purchase.

You folks all let me down - I went back to ebay for one final peek thinking surely they'd all be claimed...

John

Hello. My name is John and I'm an addict. It has been...seven minutes...since my last ukulele purchase.

You folks all let me down - I went back to ebay for one final peek thinking surely they'd all be claimed...

John

What exactly did you get, John? Cut and paste the eBay photos here.

By the way... Weclcome to the group, John. My name is Steve and I had a problem, too. I can now be your mentor, your sponsor, and you can call me day or night if you grab that credit card and start shaking. I'll help you through it, and together...we can ask for a two uke discount.

Last edited:
Yesterday you said you might get a Bruko baritone. Mine directly from Herr Pfieffer should be here in, oh, (looks at watch) 48 hours. John, you're as fickle as a pickle. Lol.
Not really fickle - I just want one of everything... :)

Congrats on the Bruko - expecting a video soon.

Seriously, my Bruko desire is kind of on low simmer...if I stumble across a good deal on one I might snap it up. I've been looking for a second baritone, though, and I've been wanting to get my hands on a Pono. I figure it might be a while before a deal this good comes around again...

Now I just have to figure out a good excuse to put coal in all the grandkid's stockings this Christmas (just kidding).

This was the final stroke that melted one of my credit cards into a little puddle, though. :biglaugh: Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't just remodelled one of the bathrooms over Thanksgiving weekend. I guess I'll call this my reward to myself for accomplishing that.

I think it is time to sell at least one of my tenors, though. They aren't likely to get much use now since I like the shorter and longer scales much better. Kind of strange, that.

John

What exactly did you get, John? Cut and paste the eBay photos here.

By the way... Weclcome to the group, John. My name is Steve and I had a problem, too. I can now be your mentor, your sponsor, and you can call me day or night if you grab that credit card and start shaking. I'll help you through it, and together...we can ask for a two uke discount.

Hey Steve, "welcome to the group?" I guess I confused you when I replied to my own post. Or you're trying to be funny, either of which could have zoomed right over my head after the day I had at work today. LOL

Not much point in posting the eBay photos as there are just photos of one uke out of a batch of seconds, no telling what I'll actually get. All I know is it will be one of the three available MBDs. At $349 with a hard case I just decided I couldn't pass it up. Hopefully the guys there know what a wonderful asset I am to the ukulele community and they'll send me the one with the nicest voice. :) I'll post photos when it arrives.

John

Last edited:

Daniel, is Opahcat John Kitakis? I could have sworn there was a thread on here 4 months ago where Andrew K chimed in and said it was a respected uke refinisher repair person that used to work for KoOlau. He didn't mention his Dad.

I could have it all wrong though. I have the memory of a fruit bat.

Not Daniel, but paypal payment to opahcat goes directly to Koolau. The ebay seller you're thinking of that Andrew vouched for is paradise-ukulele (or some variant of that).

Hey Steve, "welcome to the group?"
Hopefully the guys there know what a wonderful asset I am to the ukulele community and they'll send me the one with the nicest voice. :) I'll post photos when it arrives.

John

John, I was playing off the support group theme that you.. oh, nevermind. lol

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what you get in your mystery box from "the Cat". I, too, hope you get one with the pretty voice of a mermaid.

My luck, they'd send me the longshoreman.

I've confirmed in the past with Ko'olau that Opahcat is John Kitakis. I was looking at the MBD as well...a little trigger shy right now.

I've confirmed in the past with Ko'olau that Opahcat is John Kitakis. I was looking at the MBD as well...a little trigger shy right now.
Okay, sounds good, Daniel. I think I got sidetracked by Killin, whoever that is, in this, the initial Opahcat thread, wqith several posters (eg gMoney) having bought from him before. Andrew K chimes in. but it may not be Opahcat (actually, hard to follow in the thread):

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...m-refurbished-Ponos-on-ebay&highlight=opahcat

Anyhoo, in keeping with your style--and I agree with it--buy one ultimate baritone and be done with it (rather than the step-by-step method you and I have used on every other sized ukulele...lol). Martin baritone, Pohaku, something sweet like that recent Kamaka of yours (heck, even a Kamaka bari). Cheers, friend.

I love my Pono baritone, which ZI bought through HMS, and the Pono six-string tenor factory second I bought from Opahcat. I don't think anyone who bought one of the Ponos currently available will regret it. Congratulations!

Top Bottom