Good Wishes Please for Compass Rose Builder John Robinson

Rick Turner

Reaction score
My main Compass Rose uke builder, John Robinson, who took over from Jake Maclay, is in the hospital with two broken arms, one or more broken ribs, and a collapsed lung from a motorcycle accident today. He was in about four hours worth of surgery at Eden Hospital in Castro Valley, CA today, and I'm waiting to hear how he is. I've talked a couple of times to his girlfriend Melissa, and she's pretty shaken up.

We have back up builders who can help fill the gap, but John will be sorely missed for a few months.

Here's wishing John a full and speedy recovery.

Horrible to hear that. Just tragic. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Sending healing thoughts!

Prayers and good thoughts!

So sorry to hear that...hope he fully recovers soon.

Aloha Rick,
Sounds tragic...must have been a real bad one...sending the coolest get well hawaiian vibes for a speedy recovery....guess you'll have to build my uke now.

Prayers for John -

Thanks for posting this Rick.

Oh man that's not fun. Am hoping he makes a full recovery in record time.

Oh my goodness! I believe I just met him last week! I'm so sorry to hear about his accident, thankful that it wasn't more serious, and hopeful that he has a fast and complete recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with John, his fiancee, and his family and friends. Thank you, Rick, for letting us know.

Last edited:
((((John & Melissa))))

Knowing how passionate John is about building I bet his first concern is getting back to the bench!

Get well John!! You've got a whole community sending you good vibes.

Top Bottom