pono pkce

wactechnique

Reaction score
i recently ordered a pono pkce. it will be my second uke, my first one is a samick. i was wondering what you guys think about pono. Remember im a total newb.Thank you!!

There are a number of members who own a Pono and all are extremely happy with their instruments.

There's a recent post on Ponos, do a search.

I own a Pono Tenor cutaway with rosewood body and cedar top with pickup. I am extremely surprised with the sound, much better than I expected. I've played a few Ponos in the past and they were a bit soft. Perhaps the newer models with lightened bracing is the reason for the improvement in sound. The action is a bit high which causes the notes to be a bit sharp up the neck, but that can be fixed. The gloss finish was nice, the workmanship good, and inlays a nice touch for a $500 uke.

I opted to change out the strings to Savarez Alliance classical guitar strings, which added volume, clarity, and sustain for this particular ukulele.

i still consider myself a noob too but after reading up on pono and seeing a bunch of people on here that own one i'm thinking it will be my next uke purchase...but not anytime soon. I'd say keep doing your research. You will find a lot of positive reviews=good brand/good uke

Ponos are very popular here because they're solidly built and a good value. I believe they're Asian imports built for Ko'olau and set up to their specs. It will blow away your Samick.

Top Bottom