Making French polishing Video

Timbuck

Reaction score
An enjoyable vid- Thanks Ken

So the trick is to use Scottish tartan for the outer layer of padding ???- Which clan is best???

Is your final grit 120???- I wouldn't have thought that fine enough. Perhaps UK 120 is different to Australian and US 120?. I tend to wood finish to 400 before any finish.

I must say I wasn't expecting such music from an English gentleman such as yourself ;)

ps- love the clapping

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with making a video of Mrs Timbuck working on a uke ..I'm just a novice at it :eek: but it's fun:)
you can see my first effort here on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfDbB0TrBQ

Very nice Ken you are very lucky to have a lady to help she even looks like she enjoys it. Do you take on other work like adjusting things on Ukes or do you just build them. Just wondered as you are fairly local to me and was looking for somebody to do a bit of work on my Uke.
Phil.

Aloha Ken,
Nice Video and she does look like she enjoys it....is it the same process for tru oil?

is it the same process for tru oil?

The short answer is no. There is a builder here in Hawaii that "french polishes" with Tru Oil, but it is not the same thing. The traditional way of using Tru Oil is MUCH different and takes 1/64 of the time of doing French Polishing traditionally.

Top Bottom