Custom rosettes and purfling

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
Aloha uke builders!
I am testing the waters here... I will be making my custom rosettes and purfling available to other builders. This is the first design and there will be more to come. Let me know what you think. Price will be $25 per stick of purfling (takes 2 per top) and $65 per rosette. You can see the install on my website/blog at DeVine Guitars.com
If you have any questions you can reach me at eric@devineguitars.com
_DSC7777.jpg_DSC7783.jpg_DSC7788.jpg_DSC7789.jpg

Looks a bit like the Petros stuff. I have ordered a couple from them in the past. I like the design and would like to see more...

Looks a bit like the Petros stuff. I have ordered a couple from them in the past. I like the design and would like to see more...
Yes, basically the same technique for the rosette but the purfling is done in a different way which eliminates the use of rubber in the perimeter of the instrument.

Yes, basically the same technique for the rosette but the purfling is done in a different way which eliminates the use of rubber in the perimeter of the instrument.

It looks nice Eric..like to see your different designs too..

would you ever use different color epoxy(if there is such a thing) to fill the rosette/purfling..

Last edited:
It looks nice Eric..like to see your different designs too..

would you ever use different color epoxy(if there is such a thing) to fill the rosette/purfling..
I suppose you could use different colors. I am using a 2 part clear epoxy and tinting it with ebony dust, so I would assume other colors would work too.

I suppose you could use different colors. I am using a 2 part clear epoxy and tinting it with ebony dust, so I would assume other colors would work too.

Hey Eric.. i might of written it down wrong..getting old Haha even though maybe you could use different colors for the filling i guess

what about other woods for the rosette/purfling>> bloodwood kind of red? or other woods with color>> you know better than me..just to add some color..
I am thinking of adding color on my ukes lately..but i might be way off base Lol

next week 49ers vs Seahawks..are you a fan?

Last edited:
Hey Eric.. i might of written it down wrong..getting old Haha even though maybe you could use different colors for the filling i guess

what about other woods for the rosette/purfling>> bloodwood kind of red? or other woods with color>> you know better than me..just to add some color..
I am thinking of adding color on my ukes lately..but i might be way off base Lol

next week 49ers vs Seahawks..are you a fan?
Other woods should work fine. Bloodwood would look pretty cool.
I'm from Seattle originally but don't watch too much sports but I know the rest of my ohana will be cheering for the Hawks!

Other woods should work fine. Bloodwood would look pretty cool.
I'm from Seattle originally but don't watch too much sports but I know the rest of my ohana will be cheering for the Hawks!

Thanks Eric..you know i live in the San Francisco bay area.. Go Niners! ha ha
take care

Top Bottom