For those looking for a HF-3L...

Kamanaaloha

Kanaka
UU VIP
Reaction score
Those are gonna go quick . . .

Last edited:
I would have thought so, but that first one has been there for a few weeks already...

yes it has, but not sure how many track that site for Kamakas...it is one of the best for them and their price -shipping is right!

Service hands down goes to HMS though...and they set it up for you with whatever strings you want...not everyone does that...Props to Andrew and his crew...they got another HF-3L in and it sold supah fast! It was a really really nice one too! While I love mine, the one they just sold was serious eyecandy, imho!

Attachments

• kamaka_tenor_long_neck_1.jpg
    kamaka_tenor_long_neck_1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 57
  • kamaka_tenor_long_neck_7.jpg
    kamaka_tenor_long_neck_7.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 49
  • kamaka_tenor_long_neck_6.jpg
    kamaka_tenor_long_neck_6.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I was at Gryphon Monday 12/31..
i played the Kamaka HF3L it sounds real good! better than most HF3's..but you got to stretch your fingers to reach the frets...

was wondering why you would want a tenor long neck?

gives you more room and range on the fret...if you toon low g it gives more flexibility...and it is just different...and rare...

I would want one because I've got long fingers. Coming from guitar with some of the stretches I had to do on that instrument the regular tenor uke isn't to much of a challenge on the stretches. If it were available or I had known about it before I bought my HF-3 I would have bought the longneck instead.
I was at Gryphon Monday 12/31..
i played the Kamaka HF3L it sounds real good! better than most HF3's..but you got to stretch your fingers to reach the frets...

The opposite of Mark, my fingers are like sweet gherkins. Wondering if they make a Kamaka HF-3S.

The opposite of Mark, my fingers are like sweet gherkins. Wondering if they make a Kamaka HF-3S.

Yeah..
i have a HF3 special..with 3A curly Koa(they had no 4A when i made my order)..ebony brdge/fretboard/headstock..
i ordered direct from Kamaka..i worked with Tekla at Kamaka..very nice lady..i picked it up from the factory when on vacation.. it is a great sounding uke

Last edited:
I have big mitts...and it provides me more room for sure. the really good part is that when you get to the higher notes it is much easier on the HF-3L.

I bought a Kamaka Long Neck Tenor for the tone (the first one HMS got in). The higher tension provides a nice bright ringing sound, more sustain, and volume up the neck. I play mostly fingerstyle and it is ideal for that. After forty years of guitar playing, I don't feel like I am stretching at all, and I have small hands.

I purchased the second HF-3 Long Neck

Hi Everyone,

I purchased the second HF-3 Long neck pictured. The sound is very good. It is very mellow and projects very well. The wood is very responsive. The light tight grain is shown in the picture. However, the pictures don't show off the subtle flame throughout the koa. Thanks for your discussion on the Kamaka tenor long necks. I am thrilled with the purchase.

Cheers,

Tim

AWESOME! Welcome to the club! It is my favorite instrument...the best looking one is my Kanile'a however!

I want to welcome you to the Kamaka Long Neck Tenor club as well! My HF-3L (bought the first one that HMS received) has changed everything for me uke-wise. I can't imagine a better sounding tenor. I am surprised to hear you say, however, that your uke's tone is mellow. Mine is more bright and ringing. I have been experimenting with strings and have found that the Southcoast mediums sound best. HOWEVER, tonal nirvana is achieved when I swap out the Southcoast E string for a Worth Clear E. I hate the expense of a mixed set, but man, it is worth it! Enjoy!

I am going to sell an HF-2L Special soon so if you want a blinged out concert long neck to match your tenor long neck, PM me!!

I agree with the Southcoast Mediums sounding best because that's what I have on them as well.

Thanks!

It is good to own a Kamaka tenor long neck. I've played guitar for many years and the long neck makes playing a ukelele that much easier. Thanks for the welcome. Happy 2013.

Cheers,

TJAY

Top Bottom