PDA

View Full Version : He won't post it himself so I will

bbycrts
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Hey everybody -

There's a ukulele player out there who exhibits more joy and passion in his instrument than anybody else I know. He would admit he's not a Jake-level player, and he's no Josh Groban in his singing...

...but his infectious glee and sense of humor make him my very favorite performer out there. I'm also VERY proud to call him my friend. He's Uncle Elvis, and he is just an all-around great human who deserves good things to happen to him.

Here's the thing - he is raising funds through IndieGoGo to cut an album. His humility, I'm sure, is keeping him from posting the link in here, but I have no qualms.

I would encourage everybody to support new performers like UE by doing whatever you can to lend a hand. Here's the link to his IndieGoGo project:

http://www.indiegogo.com/UncleE?c=home

I've put in a little bit to see this dream come true. Can you do the same?

Thanks so much.

JT_Ukes
12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah! What He said!

http://www.indiegogo.com/UncleE?c=home

SuzukHammer
12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Damned, by the time I have enough money to be a Kadunga next month, his goal may be already reached. I'm gonna have to pm the guy to see if I can be a late Kadunga.

tigersister
12-12-2012, 11:00 AM
For those of you who are new to the site and the Ukuverse, here's a link to Uncle Elvis' youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UncleElvis

mailman
12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Done and done! I can't wait to hear the CD!!

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Excellent idea!

sukie
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Keep giving! If he gets $1 million, he will bring us all to Bermuda for the CD release party.

Tack
12-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Done and done....

I mean - why wouldn't ya :D

JT_Ukes
12-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Bump :) bitty..

ukemunga
12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Definitely gonna. And I've got a plan brewing. Stay tuned.

chindog
12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm getting in on the ground floor!

Good luck with this project, Uncle E. I'm looking forward to seeing you on your release tour!

Susie A
12-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Done and Done :) Love ya E!

OldePhart
12-12-2012, 02:16 PM
E's makin' a CD! Oh, heck yes! Just wish I could swing the top bracket and put him over the top! Hey...E...you forgot to list one of the best perks - a hug at UWC...oh...wait...you hug everybody at UWC anyway. LOL

John

ukeeku
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Done and done. Now its everyones turn

TCK
12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, that was easy money to part with...can't wait- Uncle Elvis in the car!!!!
Best of luck- nearly there mate :)

weerpool
12-12-2012, 03:23 PM
im dying to hear Uncle E's album. Im wishing that Jon /eugeneukulele records a CD too. or how about an Ukuleleunderground.com all-stars album?!! dibs on drums.

nix
12-12-2012, 03:26 PM
It's awesome to see people from our community making a CD and living the dream! I just put in my donation. Hope this gets funded! I also would love to be able to listen to Uncle E's music in the car.

Nix

JT_Ukes
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
bump!

....and don't worry! this CD will be made regardless!

electrauke
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, it might sound stupid but could somebody please tell me who UncleElvis is. I have heard a lot about him and he seems pretty awesome. Oh, and I would buy a UU All Star Album with Eugene, Uncle Elvis, maybe even Aldrine.

KoaDependent
12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
A CD by E? F Yeah!

KoaDependent
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
ElectraUke, this was the fourth post of the thread:

For those of you who are new to the site and the Ukuverse, here's a link to Uncle Elvis' youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UncleElvis

UncleElvis
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't have words.

Seriously. I've been reduced to a blubbering mess.

Thank you, everyone. I have never felt love of this magnitude before. It's overwhelming and crazy and mindblowing.

Dude, CHUCK MOORE donated to my album! How surreal is that?

JT_Ukes
12-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't have words.

Seriously. I've been reduced to a blubbering mess.

Thank you, everyone. I have never felt love of this magnitude before. It's overwhelming and crazy and mindblowing.

Dude, CHUCK MOORE donated to my album! How surreal is that?

Now you have to get him to sponsor you... ya know... with a uke... :)

UncleElvis
12-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Now you have to get him to sponsor you... ya know... with a uke... :)

One day. My gosh... one day.

pootsie
12-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I have never felt love of this magnitude before.

And that was even before I jumped in. Bet you feel even better now!

You are $99 shy of the goal as of this posting. I'm sure you'll get there in 43 days. Just a bit more than $2 a day!

UncleElvis
12-12-2012, 06:41 PM
And that was even before I jumped in. Bet you feel even better now!

You are $99 shy of the goal as of this posting. I'm sure you'll get there in 43 days. Just a bit more than $2 a day!

Wow. Thank you so much.

Wow. I'm...

wow.

I'll tell ya... if I go over, and I hope it happens, we're gonna do even more amazing things with this CD.
Like a serious producer and stuff! (I have a friend who's AMAZING, BAFTA award winning and all that!)
And more stuff!

I'm a wreck. Thank you all.

austin1
12-12-2012, 10:48 PM
go uncle e, go!

Tack
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM
go uncle e, go!

He went he went!

:smileybounce:

JT_Ukes
12-13-2012, 10:35 AM
MIKE (Uncle Elvis) hit goal!!!!....

BUT the 3k wasn the bare minimum to make the CD just good enought to be worth making...

There is still 42 days left to get in on the ground floor!

SO! Donations still being accepted. BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

OldePhart
12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
im dying to hear Uncle E's album. Im wishing that Jon /eugeneukulele records a CD too. or how about an Ukuleleunderground.com all-stars album?!! dibs on drums.

Jon has recorded three or four CDs...

webby
12-13-2012, 12:59 PM
A legend in his own mind and his mothers eyes.

i just listened to a few of his tracks on you tube, I don't think he's very good at all, chords are all wrong and he seems to only know 3 of them, the same up down strum on every song, he aint that great a singer and his videos are all over the place, did my head in, he does have heaps of enthusiasm for the uke so gotta give him credit for that but I wont be rushing out to buy his CD - sorry if this upsets his fan club but it's just my opinion.

sukie
12-13-2012, 01:06 PM

i just listened to a few of his tracks on you tube, I don't think he's very good at all, chords are all wrong and he seems to only know 3 of them, the same up down strum on every song, he aint that great a singer and his videos are all over the place, did my head in, he does have heaps of enthusiasm for the uke so gotta give him credit for that but I wont be rushing out to buy his CD - sorry if this upsets his fan club but it's just my opinion.
Wow. Of course you are totally entitled to your opinion. But I'm not sure this was the best place to put this.

JT_Ukes
12-13-2012, 01:24 PM

Heyya webby, thanks for your opinion.

Mike is an Entertainer and has a stage persence like no other, He is hoping to record a CD.

This thread is here so that the people that would like to support him, aka his friends on this forum, and in real life who may have missed the announcment on face book and on you tube, and may want to help him in his effort to create a cd can know where to go to do so.

So once again, Thank you for your opinion of this mans worth and talent from watcning a "Few tracks" on you tube, and then taking the time to post that opinion here. time is a valuble thing, thanks for spending yours posting here.

thanks again.

P.S. Oh and thanks for embracing that Aloha Spirit that UU is known for. :)

pootsie
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM

http://placeitonluckydan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bird-pooping.jpg

Newportlocal
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w466/Deckhand1/4E81809D-A99A-4589-A55E-549AD77F385A-6136-0000088183283CB6.jpg

bbycrts
12-13-2012, 02:44 PM

You know, I started this thread to support a great guy and a great entertainer. Like I said when I first posted - he's no Jake Shimabukuro and he's no Josh Groban. What he is, though, is pursuing his dream and is being supported by the many, many people who love him, love his zest for life, and love his performances.

There is a time and a place for everything. It is unfortunate that you don't see that this is not the place, and not the time, to be bashing someone who has done nothing to deserve your harsh words and in fact didn't even have a hand in starting this thread.

You said "sorry if this upsets his fan club but it's just my opinion." Well...I am one of his many fans. I didn't ask for your opinion. I asked people to go look at his proposal and give if it met their approval. Opinions on his skill and style were not solicited, but apparently that didn't stop you from offering them anyway.

Unlike JT_Ukes, I am not thanking you for your opinion. I am wondering why you would choose to chime in on a thread of people who are obviously sharing their appreciation of someone just so you could drop a load on him. Do you really feel that you have contributed to this thread in any way but to make people upset? Obviously you knew you were going to upset people - but you chose to post anyway.

You said you won't rush out and buy his CD...please don't change your mind. You have already reviewed it negatively before it has even been created.

OldePhart
12-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Ignore Webby - he's obviously not gotten enough attention lately as evidenced by the number of recent trolls in other threads.

Uncle-E has something folks like Webby will never have - real friends...oh, and personality...and stage presence...and... :biglaugh:

I wonder if Webby is making his living playing ukulele...

John

SuzukHammer
12-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Elvis embodies the UWC spirit. He emotes the aloha spirit. He makes us laugh and feel like a family.

I didn't get to go to last year's UWC but I enjoyed watching Elvis' video. I got a nice healthy smile from that.

It doesn't matter to me if somebody opines that Elvis aint Jake. It does matter to me that you post it in such a negative way.

This site isn't specifically tailored for the pros. Its tailored for ukulele learning. and the way downhome music is played.

Even if Webby is technically correct, I'd still support Elvis. Elvis makes people feel good and that's more than any single ukulele purchase of mine can do.

electrauke
12-13-2012, 03:56 PM
This thread was meant to support Uncle E, not bash him. You are entitled to your opinion but don't be a jerk. You do not have to post this here. The least you could be is courteous.

mailman
12-13-2012, 04:18 PM

You know what they say about opinions, right? They're alot like certain parts of the anatomy, the parts proctologists specialize in. We all have them, but some stink worse than others....

gyosh
12-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Does LITTLE Napoleon-complex man feel better now?

Unbelievable!

To borrow from another thread. . . I ban you for
. . . Being YOU!!!

electrauke
12-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Does LITTLE Napoleon-complex man feel better now?

Unbelievable!

To borrow from another thread. . . I ban you for
. . . Being YOU!!!

Me too, I ban you for being you.

Mim
12-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Uncle Elvis makes me happy! He is my one of my bestest friends! So happy he is making a CD! He always uses the phrase that something is "happy making" when it makes him happy! This CD is going to be "happy making" for a lot of people! Hooray for dreams coming true and supporting our friends! Hooray for E following his dream! Hooray for everyone believing in him!

Who else is super excited?

Me Me Me

haolejohn
12-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Elvis embodies the UWC spirit. He emotes the aloha spirit. He makes us laugh and feel like a family.

I didn't get to go to last year's UWC but I enjoyed watching Elvis' video. I got a nice healthy smile from that.

It doesn't matter to me if somebody opines that Elvis aint Jake. It does matter to me that you post it in such a negative way.

This site isn't specifically tailored for the pros. Its tailored for ukulele learning. and the way downhome music is played.

Even if Webby is technically correct, I'd still support Elvis. Elvis makes people feel good and that's more than any single ukulele purchase of mine can do.
He is better than me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BipyPhDKgw

jinsk90
12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
I think Uncle E would be the first to admit he isn't a Ukulele master like Jake or is he looking for a major recode deal.

But he does put a smile on my face when I see his videos which is priceless. Some people just have that special ability to make you smile which can't be measured like someone's heart. Never met the man, but he also seems REALLY genuine and real. What more can you ask from a person. Much respect for doing your thing Mr Easy E

Tack
12-13-2012, 07:01 PM
I think Uncle E would be the first to admit he isn't a Ukulele master like Jake or is he looking for a major recode deal.

But he does put a smile on my face when I see his videos which is priceless. Some people just have that special ability to make you smile which can't be measured like someone's heart. Never met the man, but he also seems REALLY genuine and real. What more can you ask from a person. Much respect for doing your thing Mr Easy E

:agree:
All this and more. E is an entertainer. A magnificent entertainer. He makes people happy and THAT is a gift.

We seem to be missing Mr Webby... gone home to punch a puppy??

UncleElvis
12-13-2012, 07:32 PM

All but the first bit, you're absolutely right.
I'm a WAY Worse critic than you. I'm not even a legend in my own mind.

I'm well aware that all I got going for me is my enthusiasm. I like that I have enthusiasm. I've been playing for just under three years and, at my age, I'll never be an amazing musician. I don't have the time. And my voice? I know it's not the best, but it's all I got and it's as good as I can get it.
But I got joy. I play the ukulele well enough to be able to make songs sound like themselves and I sing well enough that people don't run screaming and this brings me so much joy and happiness and adds so much positivity and love to my life that I'm able to conquer the overwhelming insecurity and outright terror I feel about rejection.
Sorry if I'm not your thing. Hope you find something you can enjoy, that brings you some joy and love and amazing friends, like the ukulele and making music has brought me. If you already have, treasure it, because it's so, so important... There's nothing MORE important, you ask me... Than finding something that allows you to feel positive and happy and amazing as often as possible.

Have a lovely time, 'k?

UncleElvis
12-13-2012, 07:33 PM
And the rest of you crazies?

You make me feel like a princess!

Thank you all.

TCK
12-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Jeez...to post this here- what an asshole. Where are your videos mr. Webby? We all need to be enlightened

TCK
12-13-2012, 07:43 PM
So eloquent...and I just called him an asshole. Enthusiasm and joy is why we are here uncle E, and bless you for validating that every time you pick up your ukulele.

I'm well aware that all I got going for me is my enthusiasm. I like that I have enthusiasm. I've been playing for just under three years and, at my age, I'll never be an amazing musician. I don't have the time. And my voice? I know it's not the best, but it's all I got and it's as good as I can get it.
But I got joy. I play the ukulele well enough to be able to make songs sound like themselves and I sing well enough that people don't run screaming and this brings me so much joy and happiness and adds so much positivity and love to my life that I'm able to conquer the overwhelming insecurity and outright terror I feel about rejection.
Sorry if I'm not your thing. Hope you find something you can enjoy, that brings you some joy and love and amazing friends, like the ukulele and making music has brought me. If you already have, treasure it, because it's so, so important... There's nothing MORE important, you ask me... Than finding something that allows you to feel positive and happy and amazing as often as possible.

Have a lovely time, 'k?

RichM
12-14-2012, 01:26 AM

"Can't sing. Can't act. Slightly balding. Can dance a little."-- original studio assessment of Fred Astaire

"The Beatles have no future in show business." -- rejection letter from Decca Records in 1962

"I still cannot decide whether they have anything to offer." -- rejection letter to the Who by EMI records

"I don't think he's very good at all." -- Webby on Uncle Elvis

You're in good company Uncle E. Love ya! :)

JT_Ukes
12-14-2012, 05:03 AM

Have a lovely time, 'k?

See! This!

"Can't sing. Can't act. Slightly balding. Can dance a little."-- original studio assessment of Fred Astaire

"The Beatles have no future in show business." -- rejection letter from Decca Records in 1962

"I still cannot decide whether they have anything to offer." -- rejection letter to the Who by EMI records

"I don't think he's very good at all." -- Webby on Uncle Elvis

You're in good company Uncle E. Love ya! :)

Amen!

bbycrts
12-14-2012, 05:22 AM
And the rest of you crazies?

You make me feel like a princess!

Thank you all.

Princess? We're not working hard enough! Let's make him feel like a queen!

pootsie
12-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Princess? We're not working hard enough! Let's make him feel like a queen!

Here's a place to do it away from all the other stuff on this thread:
Support thread for the Uncle Elvis CD project, Part II (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?74135-Support-thread-for-the-Uncle-Elvis-CD-project-Part-II)

Hippie Dribble
12-14-2012, 12:14 PM
E, you are one of my favourite ukers fullstop. You exude joy everytime you play. You make me smile from ear to ear. You make me want to go and hug my mother in law and my grumpy neighbour and my neighbour's grumpy poodle. Song by song you are making this world a better place. Don't go changin' brother. Can't wait for the recording to be finished, have a ball doing it mate. Congrats on reaching the goal so quickly, you are much much loved.
:cheers:

webby
12-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Everyone missed the point apart from Uncle Elvis himself, what he does have is total enthusiasm for the uke, and as i said that is fantastic, I was commenting more on the fawning adoration gushing forth from people portraying him as some kind of mozart type talent which he isn't.

My friend has a 2 year old that loves banging on things with drumsticks, but does that make him Buddy Rich ?

I guess people are victims of their own taste which explains the popularity of so many third rate TV shows and movies, a bit of honest criticism never hurt anyone, in fact if you look at the terrible untalented people that audition for shows like the x factor and then look gutted when they get stopped by the judges after 10 seconds you can see that they are standing there in tears making fools of themselves because no one has previously has the honesty to tell them "look, actually you can't sing".

keep doing what you are doing Elvis and thank you for being the only person who seems to have gotten my point and not taken offence.

Just don't send me a copy of your CD please, cos i wont listen to it :)

bbycrts
12-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Everyone missed the point apart from Uncle Elvis himself, what he does have is total enthusiasm for the uke, and as i said that is fantastic, I was commenting more on the fawning adoration gushing forth from people portraying him as some kind of mozart type talent which he isn't.

My friend has a 2 year old that loves banging on things with drumsticks, but does that make him Buddy Rich ?

I guess people are victims of their own taste which explains the popularity of so many third rate TV shows and movies, a bit of honest criticism never hurt anyone, in fact if you look at the terrible untalented people the audition for shows like the x factor and then look gutted when they get stopped by the judges after 10 seconds you can see that they are standing there in tears making fools of themselves because no one has previously has the honesty to tell them "look, actually you can't sing".

keep doing what you are doing Elvis and thank you for being the only person who seems to have gotten my point and not taken offence.

Just don't send me a copy of your CD please, cos i wont listen to it :)

UE is just more polite. You still don't see that your post was that of a total ass.

chindog
12-14-2012, 02:55 PM
I see a turd has appeared in the punchbowl.

CoLmes
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I think Uncle E knows who he is and what he can do. That is HUGE for anybody, especially a performer which is what he is. I'm jealous of that. He knows what does it for him. He entertains and has been doing it forever. He just found something else that he can use to further entertain people. I would say I think of him as an entertainer first and ukulele player second. He uses the uke as his "pencil" for his performance. (If that makes sense) He knows what he wants to be and knows what he has to do to get there. This is a good step.

With that, I think the difference of opinion is healthy and helps you develop no matter what your craft is. Use it as motivation and help it shape your direction. You should welcome critiques with open arms and learn to take it and use it to your advantage. Being humble is a part of being able to take things like that. Webby's first comment could be taken harshly but I think it could be an accurate description. Either way, E has his style which works for him and he doesn't necessarily need to try and be a virtuoso or anything else other than E. I think it's great. E took the comment great and doesn't need the help of others with it. He's a big boy and he's making a great step into doing what he loves to do. I'm looking forward to the CD either way.

weerpool
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
could a moderator please step in and close this thread.its making me sick. i think we got the point on each side. thank you. man, you guys are vicous. you preach so much of the Aloha spirit and turn aorund and post stupid photos with snarky comments.

Newportlocal
12-14-2012, 03:49 PM
could a moderator please step in and close this thread.its making me sick. i think we got the point on each side. thank you. man, you guys are vicous. you preach so much of the Aloha spirit and turn aorund and post stupid photos with snarky comments.

There is a lot of love for Uncle E, and you are surprised people are reacting. I am glad to be a part of a group that cares about each other.

weerpool
12-14-2012, 03:53 PM
not surprised at all. u come to find the hard way that you open any kind of criticism, you get ratted out by some sort of a thursday night bingo clique. Like you, i care about Uncle E but had had enough of this back and forth trying to look cool being on the " good side".
There is a lot of love for Uncle E, and you are surprised people are reacting. I am glad to be a part of a group that cares about each other.

Markr1
12-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't agree or disagree with what webby posted but he does have a right to his opinion just like the ones that are coming down hard on him. If you make a post don't expect everyone to agree with it. The ones that are posting against webby are being exactly what they claim he is being.
Maybe rather then close the thread just move it to where it probably should have been posted in the first place and this wouldn't be going on right now.

electrauke
12-14-2012, 04:09 PM
I just think that Webby's post was, you know, not being polite. He is entitled to his own opinion but come on, why post this on a thread meant to support this guy. I hope we can put this all behind us.

SORRY, I meant to say not being polite.

weerpool
12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
i agree, this post was meant to support and celebrate such an amazing human being's success /eandeavor and webby's post was like a drop of vinegar in a honeyjar. lets all move on and support Uncle Elvis.
I just think that Webby's post was, you know, being polite. He is entitled to his own opinion but come on, why post this on a thread meant to support this guy. I hope we can put this all behind us.

Mim
12-14-2012, 04:40 PM
I just think that Webby's post was, you know, not being polite. He is entitled to his own opinion but come on, why post this on a thread meant to support this guy. I hope we can put this all behind us.

SORRY, I meant to say not being polite.

This. Exactly. It was a thread started by a friend to let other friends of the friend know of the happy thing going on! Because E is a big part of this community. Because here on UU, we love the love and dont like the hate. So... yes, lets put it behind us and lets get back to the happy and the love!!! Today has had too much suckage for this thread turn into one more piece of suckage when its intention was to be the sharing of joy! Happy thoughts... happy thoughts...

webby
12-14-2012, 07:09 PM
There's no business like show business !

consitter
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
There's no business like show business !

Get offa our lawn!! :old:

webby
12-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh - and those of you with the super low IQ's and potty mouths who's only way of interacting was with filthy language, please be aware this is a a forum used by children, after all it is predominantly a childrens instrument, hope you are proud of yourselves.

consitter
12-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh - and those of you with the super low IQ's and potty mouths who's only way of interacting was with filthy language, please be aware this is a a forum used by children, after all it is predominantly a childrens instrument, hope you are proud of yourselves.

Include yourself in these genres.

UncleElvis
12-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Can we please try to keep the insults to a m... no... to non-existant?

Webby, I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring such self-righteous negativity, but that's on you.

No one even remotely hinted that I was even a little bit more talented than I am. You seem to be reading that into people's posts.

The constant pokes and digs are completely unnecessary and I'm really not sure why you keep posting, unless it's a desperate cry for attention. If so?

I notice you. I see you there, big fella. You're loved.

I do have to thank you, though.
Your weird little... whatever that was... has certainly made me feel good, seeing all these wonderful folks coming to my defense. It means a lot.

Perhaps if you tried a little more positivity and a little less negativity and insults, you might get some fawning adoration gushing forth" for you!

Now, can we shut all this bad stuff down?

Please?

Webby has made his point. Can we please please please not respond in kind?
I love you guys so, so much for stepping up and having my back. I hope you all know how much.
But this bickering because someone doesn't like me and thinks that opinion matters? Well, you're only proving the latter by responding to it.
I'm sure he'll take another swing at me.
When he does, grab your ukulele and practice moving your Bb (4322) up the neck and, when you reach the top, change it to an E (4442) and move it back down.
If you STILL want to respond, do it again with the barred G (4232) up and barred D (2224) down.
If THAT doesn't work, practice the \/finger \/thumb /\finger triplet strum for 5 minutes.

I may have got those chord shapes wrong...

Markr1
12-14-2012, 07:58 PM
That's not very nice folks!! I thought Mim and several others said lets put all this behind us and move on.

Markr1
12-14-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't know you Uncle Elvis but I applaud you for being a stand up dude. Your alright in my book and apparently a lot of others. Maybe I'll be at UWC 2013 and see for myself what a great guy you are.
Best regards from me and keep doing what your doing. its apparent your well loved.
Can we please try to keep the insults to a m... no... to non-existant?

Webby, I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring such self-righteous negativity, but that's on you.

No one even remotely hinted that I was even a little bit more talented than I am. You seem to be reading that into people's posts.

The constant pokes and digs are completely unnecessary and I'm really not sure why you keep posting, unless it's a desperate cry for attention. If so?

I notice you. I see you there, big fella. You're loved.

I do have to thank you, though.
Your weird little... whatever that was... has certainly made me feel good, seeing all these wonderful folks coming to my defense. It means a lot.

Perhaps if you tried a little more positivity and a little less negativity and insults, you might get some fawning adoration gushing forth" for you!

Now, can we shut all this bad stuff down?

Please?

Webby has made his point. Can we please please please not respond in kind?
I love you guys so, so much for stepping up and having my back. I hope you all know how much.
But this bickering because someone doesn't like me and thinks that opinion matters? Well, you're only proving the latter by responding to it.
I'm sure he'll take another swing at me.
When he does, grab your ukulele and practice moving your Bb (4322) up the neck and, when you reach the top, change it to an E (4442) and move it back down.
If you STILL want to respond, do it again with the barred G (4232) up and barred D (2224) down.
If THAT doesn't work, practice the \/finger \/thumb /\finger triplet strum for 5 minutes.

I may have got those chord shapes wrong...

bbycrts
12-14-2012, 08:38 PM
I have asked the mods to shut this thread down. Fortunately the thread served its purpose - UE has gone over his original goal and the numbers keep mounting. Many of us - myself included - have said things we probably shouldn't have. UE himself has asked for us to shut it down. I am hoping the mods will get my request and lock it soon.

Hippie Dribble
12-14-2012, 09:00 PM
thread closed at Jon and Mike's request.