New uke ordering day! 2nd uke, Anuenue Lani I soprano

Youkalaylee

Reaction score
Please ignore this thread, no longer ordering this uke!

Finally decided on - http://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/Product/0.160/aNueNue-Lani-I-Soprano-Ukulele-Koa-inc-gigbag

Its at the higher end of my price range, there were a couple solid mahogany ukes I was tempted with but when I listened to recordings this one blew them all away. Spoke to the sus staff asking for which sopranos they recommend with a good mellow sound and this was on the list. A gig bag added in and already fitted with Aquila strings, along with a set up instore before its sent to me and I was sold.

My partner is buying it for me for Christmas. Whether ill wait until Christmas is another issue entirely... This will be my second uke, yet my first decent one! Excited isn't the word!

Last edited:
nice uke m8, enjoy it immensely

Finally decided on - http://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/Product/0.160/aNueNue-Lani-I-Soprano-Ukulele-Koa-inc-gigbag

Its at the higher end of my price range, there were a couple solid mahogany ukes I was tempted with but when I listened to recordings this one blew them all away. Spoke to the sus staff asking for which sopranos they recommend with a good mellow sound and this was on the list. A gig bag added in and already fitted with Aquila strings, along with a set up instore before its sent to me and I was sold.

My partner is buying it for me for Christmas. Whether ill wait until Christmas is another issue entirely... This will be my second uke, yet my first decent one! Excited isn't the word!

Congratulations! I'm planning on buying an Anuenue myself just after the first of the year; it'll be my second uke too (my Makala won't have to be lonesome anymore!). It is exciting, yes! :D

Congratulations!!!

I love aNueNue. I have their Khaya III Mahogany.

I recently got a Khaya II mahogany concert from Anuenue. AND I LOVE IT!!!!!

Enjoy your new baby

I've had a Lani III tenor on order for the past couple of months, with still no idea of due date. Was supposedly due 1 week after I ordered, but just seems to be going back.
I'm in two minds to cancel from this from this supplier, and try elsewhere!
h

I've had a Lani III tenor on order for the past couple of months, with still no idea of due date. Was supposedly due 1 week after I ordered, but just seems to be going back.
I'm in two minds to cancel from this from this supplier, and try elsewhere!
h

Which one is that?

Congratulations! I'm sure you and your lovely, beautiful snake will be very happy with it!

Congratulations! I'm sure you and your lovely, beautiful snake will be very happy with it!

Thank you! Yes, I might try and take a photo of them both together to use as my avatar... But she's so little ATM I'm worried she'll get inside and won't come back out! And then poo in it.

Maybe its a bad idea.

Which one is that?

Won't name at the moment.
Spoke again to them today, apparently the distributor was having the problems, communicating what the actual situation was. The retailer I'm buying from, seems reasonably convinced that the info from the distributor today should be correct. They are on the water and should be expected first week in Jan. Another retailer told me a couple of days ago, delivery due end Jan, but that may be managing customer expectations. (Under promise and over deliver!)
So I am going to wait until Jan, as I really want the Lani III, and I believe on this shipment there are only 6 Lani III tenors, and there are none available elsewhere in the country.
H

Good to hear it :) the bidding price when I joined the auction wasn't that far off what I was going to spend on the anuenue which was only laminate... I spent last night looking up reviews and listening to recordings before taking the plunge!

You should still try to get a picture but you really don't want that lovely uke filled with snake$#!+
Might damage the shiny finish :(

Happy uking!

This is true. I don't think I'll let myself touch the finish without gloves... Lol and yes definitely, whether ill be able to resist leaving it alone until Christmas... Well, it remains to be seen!

Top Bottom