cordoba ukes - opinions?

kudama

Reaction score
hey ukulele underground, i'm new to the forum, actually i'm kinda new to the whole forum world. i've been playing ukulele spurraticly for the past 2 years, i mainly play guitar but the ukes growing on me more lately.

anyway as the title of this thread suggests i wanna know your opinions on Cordoba ukes. i found a few at my local music shop (which doesn't have the greatest collections of ukes, only a handful of Lanikai, Cordoba and even fewer Kiwaya) i haven't seen much talk about them anywhere, but the one i tried wasn't bad.

http://cordobaguitars.com/83.php

that's the one they had.

anyway i just wanted to know your opinions/experiences with cordoba ukes cause i'm looking to get a new uke for xmas. i've had the same rogue soprano uke for the past 2 years, i think it's time for an upgrade.

thanks

You have a larger selection of ukes at your music store than I do. I've played a few Cordoba's ranging from really sucky to wow! this is really nice. Spend an hour or two at the store and get what appeals to you.

The general consensus seems to be like Deach says, that the quality of Cordoba ukes varies widely from instrument to instrument. (They must contract different factories to do the builds with certain ones much more skilled) So if you're interested in one and have them available you definitely want to play it before purchasing.
If you've got a variety to peruse though take the time and try them all.

At their worst, they're still better than a Rogue. ;) Take a few for a spin, and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If you're not afraid of buying something over the internets, though, you can find many other awesome ukes in that price range. Especially used, semi-high-end ones.

Top Bottom