What Was McCartney Playing Last Night?

Looked like a small cigar-box electric guitar.

Whatever it was - I thought Paul and Nirvana were great. Great energy and a great performance. I hope I can do that when I am 70!

I was expecting that to blow chunks. Now I kinda wish we could hear more from them. Nice to see Paul get an edge back. I think it was too small to be a tenor guitar, but whatever it was, he used it to good effect.

I know this is a ukulele forum and I'm a bass player, but I really really like the Hagstrom that Smear is playing.

Last edited:
Nirvana was my favorite band of all time and I was a bit worried with what might happen last night. I thought it was Great!! Paul did a great job! So good to see Christ rocking out on the bass and Dave is one of the finest Hard Hitting Drummers ever!! Wish they would have done a few songs! I could have lived with out all of Kanye West and a few others! Overall great show last night!

Paul McCartney playing a cigar box resonator ukulele with a slide. That was awesome!

Grohl rocks like a Tasmanian devil.

Even if his latest Foo Fighters CDs have lyrics written by the Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

Well it was worth a shot. We know he's not exactly down on the uke at all. As for Kanye, it reminds me of a MegaRan (I think at the time he was strictly going by Random, not yet a nerdcore guy) lyric - "I'm not offended by Kanye's comments, I'm more offended they call Kanye conscious." Less Kanye, more this.

Top Bottom