Who can do Kasha Braced Soprano? I want to customize

Why a Kasha braced soprano? For one thing, sopranos need hardly any bracing at all. For another, to my ears, Kasha bracing has fallen far short of the lofty claims made for that style. I'd go so far as to say that the theories have been dis-proven, both scientifically and empirically. Instrument tops do not behave the way Prof. Kasha claimed and predicted.

Not unkless they are made from a practically inert and homogenous material Rick - something you and I know wood IS NOT! Gosh, this is such a misguided brief that I suspect it has been posted by a troll... don't give it any breathing space.

Why a Kasha braced soprano? For one thing, sopranos need hardly any bracing at all. For another, to my ears, Kasha bracing has fallen far short of the lofty claims made for that style. I'd go so far as to say that the theories have been dis-proven, both scientifically and empirically. Instrument tops do not behave the way Prof. Kasha claimed and predicted.

Here, Here, I agree!

why?

SO Kasha Braced can not be used in Soprano?
and why??

No, $300 is a joke price. It's a reference to a previous thread.

From my knowledge, not many builders use Kasha bracing. I'd guess you'd be paying at the very least $500-750+

ccccccc

No, $300 is a joke price. It's a reference to a previous thread.

From my knowledge, not many builders use Kasha bracing. I'd guess you'd be paying at the very least $500-750+

I believe.......
I am willing to pay 2000 or even more

What do you hope to get from Kasha bracing? I know it all looks logical from an intellectual point of view. But it just doesn't ever deliver what was claimed...significantly higher output, "better" frequency response, etc. I've heard some really good Kasha braced guitars...but they did not stand out head and shoulders above equally well made "X" braced or fan braced guitars, and they weren't as loud as Smallman guitars (classicals). In the steel string world, they didn't beat out, for instance, a Martin D-18 Authentic that I played...or any of the Traugott, Claxton, Collings, etc., etc. that I can think of. And I cannot point to one significant guitar player who has adopted a Kasha guitar as his or her main instrument.

This is a situation of mind over reality...

For another, to my ears, Kasha bracing has fallen far short of the lofty claims made for that style. I'd go so far as to say that the theories have been dis-proven, both scientifically and empirically. Instrument tops do not behave the way Prof. Kasha claimed and predicted.
To generalize a bracing system as a whole is a bit on the naive side, don't you think? Any bracing system is only as good as the builders ability to bring out it's full potential. I for one have had great success with Kasha and Kasha hybrid bracing in ukes. And I think anyone who has played one of my ukes would agree.

Then grab the commission from he who wants to drink the Koolaid!

A good builder can tweak almost any bracing to work well enough...

The Kasha thing was so over-promoted as something that would make all existing acoustic guitars virtually obsolete that it's just amazing to me that it's still taken seriously. The innovation that really did deliver...at least with sheer volume...was Greg Smallman's adaptation of lattice bracing done in balsa and carbon fiber.

I have no doubt that a Kasha braced uke can sound just fine, but I don't see it setting the world on fire or eclipsing what most of us do...either very little at all (sopranos) or fan braces. And it's really easy to fall in love with a concept and have the brain overshadow the ears...

Top Bottom