This kind of explains...

OldePhart

Reaction score
...why sometimes ukuleles get damaged in shipping. Okay, that was quite a stretch to make this ukulele related...but I just had to share this picture I took at work today and turned into a "demotivational poster."

Two college-educated coworkers carried these boxes into the room where I was working and stacked them against the wall. A few hours later I walked by and noticed the labels...

Demotivational_Education.jpg

"They walk among us..."

John

I don't mark things like that anymore. I saw a project where some college kids did an experiment. They took several packages, some they marked "Fragile" and some no markings. Inside the boxes they had G force sensors. a very high percentage (I cant remember the exact #s) of the "fragile" marked packages sustained much harder knocks and handling than any of the packages with no marks. The conclusion was, odds of at least one or two postal handlers (and packages are handled by many on their trip) your packages will be handled by are having a bad day, and handle packages with "fragile" on them rougher, just because of the markings. Taking their frustration from whatever reason out on those specific packages. Point was, no markings are better than the ones marked.

That said, I wish I could count how many times I got a package at my front door and had to read "this end up" upside down.

I think we all can be guilty of that though on different levels. I remember in high school, I worked at a grocery store for awhile. A woman came through the line and was very nicely dressed, but had two kids that looked like little hobos, dirty, torn up clothes. I felt sorry for them when she paid for her food in food stamps. My benevolent side wanted to help her anyway I could, thinking maybe she was dressed so nice coming from a job interview or something. The kids, my heart went out to. I carried her groceries out to her car for her. I was SHOCKED when she walked me out to her car, and low and behold, it was a brand new Lincoln Continental. Kinda pissed me off with her, driving such a car, and dresses so well, paying with food stamps, and kids dressed like they were homeless. Yes, even at 16 years old my heart went out to the kids. Pissed me off with the woman's priorities, that I puposely slammed her eggs down hard in the car. Yes, i felt bad about it later for what I did, only because I figured those kids would be the ones eating scrambled eggs in the morning..

Top Bottom