UAS treatment option

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters

Reaction score
My least favorite symptom of UAS is guilt I feel for not playing all of my ukes regularly. Lending neglected ukes to friends has made me feel much better.

Right now, I've lent ukes out to three friends---two musicians who're curious about ukulele and a beginner who's getting her first experience playing music. My friends are happy; my ukes are happy; I'm happy. Turns out I prefer runnng a ukulele library to owning a ukulele collection.

If you've got a neglected uke, I strongly recommend starting your own uke library. You'll be glad you did.

You are doing a good thing. Spreading the uke experience should be a win win situation for you and them.

Great idea.

My least favorite symptom of UAS is guilt I feel for not playing all of my ukes regularly. Lending neglected ukes to friends has made me feel much better.

Right now, I've lent ukes out to three friends---two musicians who're curious about ukulele and a beginner who's getting her first experience playing music. My friends are happy; my ukes are happy; I'm happy. Turns out I prefer runnng a ukulele library to owning a ukulele collection.

If you've got a neglected uke, I strongly recommend starting your own uke library. You'll be glad you did.
I agree! I've brought 4 of my ukes to the school where I work. They are hot items! The kids are all taking turns playing them. Many have asked about how to get their parents to buy them one for Christmas.

great idea. Anyone have a boat paddle uke I can borrow? :)

That's a great idea. One of them might catch fire, and become the next James or Jake.... you never know. I loaned one to my best friend and havent seen it since... she loves it!

Great idea Ralf. And since we're both in PDX we might come across each other's ukes someday in the revolving library!

(BTW--speaking of PDX and ukes--bummed that Pioneer Music is gone! Great source of ukes in town!)

My least favorite symptom of UAS is guilt I feel for not playing all of my ukes regularly. Lending neglected ukes to friends has made me feel much better...

That's a great idea; I've thought about that when someday I have more ukes than I can play regularly and first was thinking about selling one when I acquire another, but I like your solution better. I like the idea of knowing where they are and that they're giving pleasure to others, rather than selling them and never seeing them again, never knowing how they're getting along, etc.

My guilt right now is that my one ukulele is lonesome, but I expect it'll have a sibling pretty soon, so they can keep each other company. :)

Great solution. On top of feeling better you may end up with more folks to jam with!

Great idea Ralf. It makes me happy knowing that you are happy, your ukes are happy, and your friends are happy!

Yes...I've found that giving instruments away brings a special satisfaction...and leaves room to aquire more. :)

I had a uke that I couldn't really warm up to in spite of its having perfect intonation and a good setup - acoustically it was just a dog - I gave it to a friend a couple of years ago and he's still in love with it. Even though I was unimpressed by it it was miles better than the POJ he's had since he was a kid (he's now in his 60's) and rekindled his interest in uke (he'd won local school awards for his uke playing way back when).

I've given away a couple of guitars too (in those cases ones I actually liked) and the surprise and amazement on people's faces is always priceless.

John

Top Bottom