A thank you to Eddy Finn

ukeeku

Reaction score
I have seen some Eddy Finn bashing in the past, possibly deserved, but none the less I thought I would share a recent interaction.

A fraternity (Woman in music, Sigma Alpha Iota?) here at Illinois State university has a couple members who were doing music therapy at a hospital and wanted to buy a couple ukes for the patients so they could leave the ukes there. They did an open mic at the same place I do the Normal Uke Jam so the owners of the place asked me to help them. I donated a uke to raffle off. It was a ton of fun for a Sunday night.
In the end they raised a good chunk of change. maybe enough to get one nice uke or 2 ok ukes.
I called around to some vendors I have done reviews for to try and stretch their money as far as I could. In the end Eddy finn sent 2 all mahogany EF-15 concert ukes, with hippy cases and tuners, and they still had money to spend. I think in total the ukes were worth $500 and they payed WAY less than that.

I just want to publicly thank them for being awesome and helping make this fundraiser even better and helping spread the uke love.

That's the Christmas Spirit! Well done, Eddy Finn!! (And good on YOU for donating the uke for the raffle.)

Roberta

Yay, Eddy Finn! ...coming from someone who has bashed them (a little teeny bit), and I must say that once I got one (the same model, a bubinga concert) that was properly set up with a low G (thank you, Chuck W.), it was quite nice.

Kudos to all involved in the event, including you. Wasn't aware of any bashing floating around - I sure like my Eddy Finn banjolele. Beautifully made and finished, although I may lower the nut (or string slots more likely). Good to know EF are human beings too. Win. win.

Super story. Thanks to you and Eddy Finn.

The world needs more smiling faces

Top Bottom