KoAlana Concert first ukulele day :D

NinetySimonSomething

Reaction score
I am absolutely amazed! One does well by tightening the screws on the back of the tuning ,nobs' just a little. And that is the only thing I have to reccomend because it is absolutely astonishing in feel and sound :) I see it is from July inside it, but only 5 pics unfortunately :D

And whoa it is small :D First time holding a uke !

Here are some pics:
IMG_0784.jpgIMG_0786.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0745.jpg

Peace

Aloha Simon,
Woo hoo congratulations...yes yes isn't it great..and did you draw that....wow...who did you buy it from.....happy strummings...

Yeah I drew that as I was waiting for it to arrive, I can reccomend this as good pass time :D I bought it from Andrew at HMS, and shipped it all across the world no problem :D And thank you !

Congratulations on the new uke! As Stan knows, I bought a KoAlana concert on the spot from Misicguymic (MGM) during my visit to HMS in October. MGM played both a KoAlana and KoAloha concert for me with my back turned and I really couldn't tell the difference. As MGM noted, a lot of an ukulele's sound coms from its build design, and KoAlanas have the same bracing system as KoAlohas. I love my KoAlana concert. I'm glad you love yours.

Congratulations on the new uke! As Stan knows, I bought a KoAlana concert on the spot from Misicguymic (MGM) during my visit to HMS in October. MGM played both a KoAlana and KoAloha concert for me with my back turned and I really couldn't tell the difference. As MGM noted, a lot of an ukulele's sound coms from its build design, and KoAlanas have the same bracing system as KoAlohas. I love my KoAlana concert. I'm glad you love yours.

Thanks and good story! :D And I completely agree, I am just so impressed with this little piece :D

Even though I've had many ukes, I still get amazed everytime I first open the case of a new uke. They're so small! Then I pick it up, and it feels like home. Happy uke day, and keep us posted on your new uke adventures!

Wow, happy newkulele day! Have fun...

Thanks everyone, you can be sure that you have already helped me out a whole bunch on learning about ukuleles and all on this forum! :)

I agree! The first KoAloha I bought I thought I was ripped off when I picked it up. It was so light! Then I played it. Little dog with big bark!

Excellent choice for a first uke - bypass most of the stuff that will give you UAS! :)

John

Excellent choice for a first uke - bypass most of the stuff that will give you UAS! :)

John

Yeah it is crusial that I did that, I got a taste of the feeling with guitars hehe ( : I play Cole Clark since I hear they are good with wood, that says Aloha to me :D

Once you fall in love, UAS takes over. I started with a Koaloha Tenor and didn't slow me down a bit. LOL

Ahh...see, you're one of the ten-percenters, then. I figure UAS is caused by hoarding / collecting mentality for about 10% of "sufferers" and just not having found one good enough as the cause for the other 90%. :)

Looks good, congrats!

Congratulations! Beautiful first uke and good choice :) so many of us are initially disheartened as we make the mistake of getting a cheap ukulele, I'm sure you two will be making beautiful music together!

Top Bottom