PDA

View Full Version : KoAlana Concert first ukulele day :D

NinetySimonSomething
12-14-2012, 04:43 AM
I am absolutely amazed! One does well by tightening the screws on the back of the tuning ,nobs' just a little. And that is the only thing I have to reccomend because it is absolutely astonishing in feel and sound :) I see it is from July inside it, but only 5 pics unfortunately :D

And whoa it is small :D First time holding a uke !

Here are some pics:

Peace

mm stan
12-14-2012, 04:49 AM
Aloha Simon,
Woo hoo congratulations...yes yes isn't it great..and did you draw that....wow...who did you buy it from.....happy strummings...

NinetySimonSomething
12-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Yeah I drew that as I was waiting for it to arrive, I can reccomend this as good pass time :D I bought it from Andrew at HMS, and shipped it all across the world no problem :D And thank you !

mds725
12-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Congratulations on the new uke! As Stan knows, I bought a KoAlana concert on the spot from Misicguymic (MGM) during my visit to HMS in October. MGM played both a KoAlana and KoAloha concert for me with my back turned and I really couldn't tell the difference. As MGM noted, a lot of an ukulele's sound coms from its build design, and KoAlanas have the same bracing system as KoAlohas. I love my KoAlana concert. I'm glad you love yours.

NinetySimonSomething
12-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Congratulations on the new uke! As Stan knows, I bought a KoAlana concert on the spot from Misicguymic (MGM) during my visit to HMS in October. MGM played both a KoAlana and KoAloha concert for me with my back turned and I really couldn't tell the difference. As MGM noted, a lot of an ukulele's sound coms from its build design, and KoAlanas have the same bracing system as KoAlohas. I love my KoAlana concert. I'm glad you love yours.

Thanks and good story! :D And I completely agree, I am just so impressed with this little piece :D

Plainsong
12-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Even though I've had many ukes, I still get amazed everytime I first open the case of a new uke. They're so small! Then I pick it up, and it feels like home. Happy uke day, and keep us posted on your new uke adventures!

Nickie
12-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Wow, happy newkulele day! Have fun...

Lalz
12-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Congratulations!! Not bad for a first uke, this is one of the most beautiful, best sounding ukes on the market at this price range. Enjoy! :)

NinetySimonSomething
12-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Thanks everyone, you can be sure that you have already helped me out a whole bunch on learning about ukuleles and all on this forum! :)

rem50
12-14-2012, 07:21 AM
I agree! The first KoAloha I bought I thought I was ripped off when I picked it up. It was so light! Then I played it. Little dog with big bark!

OldePhart
12-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Excellent choice for a first uke - bypass most of the stuff that will give you UAS! :)

John

kvehe
12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the KoAlana family!

NinetySimonSomething
12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Excellent choice for a first uke - bypass most of the stuff that will give you UAS! :)

John

Yeah it is crusial that I did that, I got a taste of the feeling with guitars hehe ( : I play Cole Clark since I hear they are good with wood, that says Aloha to me :D

Cooper Black
12-16-2012, 05:13 AM

^So true! Congratulations on an exceptional choice for a 1st uke.

Trinimon
12-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Congrats! She's a pretty little thing.

Dan Uke
12-16-2012, 06:13 AM

John

Once you fall in love, UAS takes over. I started with a Koaloha Tenor and didn't slow me down a bit. LOL

Dan Uke
12-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Yeah it is crusial that I did that, I got a taste of the feeling with guitars hehe ( : I play Cole Clark since I hear they are good with wood, that says Aloha to me :D

Get a tenor or bari w/ spruce top and you'll really feel like you're playing a mini-guitar

OldePhart
12-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Once you fall in love, UAS takes over. I started with a Koaloha Tenor and didn't slow me down a bit. LOL

Ahh...see, you're one of the ten-percenters, then. I figure UAS is caused by hoarding / collecting mentality for about 10% of "sufferers" and just not having found one good enough as the cause for the other 90%. :)

HBolte
12-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Looks good, congrats!

Youkalaylee
12-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Congratulations! Beautiful first uke and good choice :) so many of us are initially disheartened as we make the mistake of getting a cheap ukulele, I'm sure you two will be making beautiful music together!

NinetySimonSomething
12-16-2012, 12:49 PM
You guys are awesome hehe .. (: Just jammin a few days and life has changed, an ukulele will pull about goodness into ones life (HMS/UU all the folks included). If something so little and simple pull it of, we all can and I don't know if thats just me but yeah..
Peace and big alohaa