PDA

View Full Version : Apologies from Ukulele Mike Lynch

MusicTeacher2009
12-14-2012, 05:30 AM
My apologies to the UU community. It's recently been brought to my attention that an individual doing marketing for me has been aggresively advertising to this community. I've asked for that activity to be immediately terminated. Again, my deepest apologies . . . . Have a wonderful holiday season and "Happy Strumming" - Mike Lynch

MusicTeacher2009
12-14-2012, 05:31 AM
My apologies to the UU community. It's recently been brought to my attention that an individual doing marketing for me has been aggresively advertising to this community. I've asked for that activity to be immediately terminated. Again, my deepest apologies . . . . Have a wonderful holiday season and "Happy Strumming" - Mike Lynch

pootsie
12-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Thank you, Mike. You have earned a lot of respect for your contributions in general, and it's good to know you will not throw that away. Happy uking!

sukie
12-14-2012, 05:39 AM
That's very nice. Thank you.

You should stick around though. You have a lot of wisdom to give.

mm stan
12-14-2012, 05:52 AM

Aloha Mike,
No appoligies needed ....to me there was nothing wrong with that...hope you hang around here more often as you are a great player and teacher who contributes to the ukulele community and
to the ukulele movement....keep on strumming them strings and Happy Holidays to you and yours....Stan

TG&Y
12-14-2012, 05:54 AM
You're a stand up guy Mike. Thanks for your many, many videos out there. Been a huge help to me.

Newportlocal
12-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Mike hope you keep coming back to UU!
Always loved your videos and what you have done for ukulele!
You have a lot to contribute.

Newportlocal
12-14-2012, 06:09 AM
This is a duplicate thread.
Anyway as previously stated. You are a great guy with lots to offer. Please keep coming around!

strumsilly
12-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Mike hope you keep coming back to UU!
Always loved your videos and what you have done for ukulele!
You have a lot to contribute.
ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lalz
12-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Big fan of your work!

Nickie
12-14-2012, 06:24 AM
No problem Mike! You are a true ambassador for the ukulele community! Keep up the good work...

ukeofcarl
12-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Hello Mike,

I wonder if you'll actually reply to this thread?

coolkayaker1
12-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Aloha Mike,
No appoligies needed ....to me there was nothing wrong with that...Happy Holidays to you and yours....Stan
I thought it was a tad odd, the ads in the Forum, but sounds like someone has contacted you from UU.

Hey, as everyone says, I have learned a ton... a whale of a ton...from your videos. And I still enjoy them today. You are an ambassador of the ukulele, that's for sure. Welcome to UU!

coolkayaker1
12-14-2012, 06:59 AM
Hey, as everyone says, I have learned a ton... a whale of a ton...from your videos. And I still enjoy them today. You are an ambassador of the ukulele, that's for sure. Welcome to UU.

rem50
12-14-2012, 07:18 AM
I must be oblivious, I never noticed. Still, you are the man! Love your videos and go to them often. Thanks for all you do.

rocko
12-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Also enjoy your instructional videos. Was curious about the sudden uptick in marketing. This social media stuff is tricky, no? Happy Holidays!

mm stan
12-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Aloha Mike,
No appoligies needed ....to me there was nothing wrong with that...hope you hang around here more often as you are a great player and teacher who contributes to the ukulele community and
to the ukulele movement....keep on strumming them strings and Happy Holidays to you and yours....Stan just wondered why you never answered my pm's...glad you cleared it up with us..

ukeofcarl
12-14-2012, 10:57 AM

Hmm.. I'm unconvinced. As far as I can tell, the last time you actually replied to a post was here - http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?64733-Kona-Breeze-slide-show-with-my-new-Moore-Bettah-Soprano&p=930588#post930588 in MAY.

Has it really taken you 7 months to realise you have been spamming this forum, over and over?

Plainsong
12-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Hmm.. I'm unconvinced. As far as I can tell, the last time you actually replied to a post was here - http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?64733-Kona-Breeze-slide-show-with-my-new-Moore-Bettah-Soprano&p=930588#post930588 in MAY.

Has it really taken you 7 months to realise you have been spamming this forum, over and over?

Not everyone lives on forums. Some people have lives, and if they hired a publicist, they could think all this stuff was sorted. I'd prefer to talk to a real person rather than a hired face, but there's no rule against it, so...

molokinirum
12-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks Mike for standing up!! However, it seems that a few here at UU are upset that you do not participate in the forum by departing more of you excellent knowledge especially since you are a uke playing music teacher!!
Come on Mike...jump in, the water's fine!!

SuzukHammer
12-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I didn't mind. Except it was a 2011 ad and background music was piano which i thought was odd for someone selling uke stuff.

oh ... and I was looking for teaser example pages; but all that happened was a loop of a few slides.

coolkayaker1
12-14-2012, 11:50 AM

Excellent investigational work. I see what you mean...one click on "vIEW fORUM pOSTS" on the profile for MusicTeacher2009 really is quite revealing. Surprising it wasn't spotted by UU Admin earlier.

But, Mike is now using MusicTeacher2009 to respond because he's caught the publicist--his publicist-- who was also using MusicTeather2009 and it's login password to post spam ads on UU, and MusicTeacher2009, which is really Mike now but wasn't until............oh, forget it. My head hurts.

seneystretch
12-14-2012, 12:13 PM
My apologies to the UU community. It's recently been brought to my attention that an individual doing marketing for me has been aggresively advertising to this community. ... - Mike Lynch

Let me be the odd man out. I came to UU for the posts of Play Ukulele by Ear by Jim D'Ville. Yeah he's hawking his website but he is informative and instructive and fun. UU is the poorer for telling him to go away.

I've improved a fair amount following along with Mike Lynch, his posts here always set the bar higher, at least for me. Mike is so good he makes it look easy and he wants to pass on to us his madskilz.

UU needs more of Lynch and D'Ville. The "wut youkoolaylee shood i by" posts, not so much.

Mike, on your part there is nothing to apologize for. Thank you for your help.

Plainsong
12-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes but he wasn't participating at all, just posting links to vids. That means he wasn't actually here at all, just the links going elsewhere. Hey it was a mistake and I don't have a bad thing to say about him. Just that I get why people would be frustrated, and I also get why he'd have better things to do.

cahaya
12-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Mike's video got me started actually. Thanks Mike

wconley
12-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Same thing for me. Mike Lynch's videos were the first I found and they helped me a lot. In fact when I first started coming here it took me a long time to figure out MGM Music Guy Mike wasn't Mike Lynch. Thanks for the help your videos provided me.

soupking
12-14-2012, 04:38 PM
These lines of attack that have been popping up against Mike of late fall into the "thread interference" realm, to me at least. Having said that, I understand peoples' frustration with the relentless spamming; I, too, find it annoying, actually. But like plainsong said, it's not against the rules, so who cares? I just don't see the point in people continuously bumping his threads by trying to illicit a response. All you're doing it pushing his spam to the top, right? So far I've not seen a single moderator say anything to, or sanction him in any way. Why not just pm a moderator if it bothers you? I would, but it doesn't really irk me that much; I just don't open up any of his threads.

Hippie Dribble
12-14-2012, 05:10 PM
OK there's been a heavy load of Mike's stuff in recent times. But let us also remember just how many people Mike has helped progress in their uke playing over the years. He has also posted a thread of apology. No mod intervention has occurred up to now simply because the threads have been posted within the rules. Thanks for all you've done for the community Mike and we all hope you can find the time to hang out here more often.

And yes Matt, the approach, as always, should be to report a post if you feel something is awry or PM a moderator directly. The public calling out of people is happening too often lately. There is a classier way to do things.