Car stripes on ukulele

ukechea

Reaction score
I've been thinking about putting car stripes (use the wide one) at the spot where the finger nails touche the uke body, what would you guy think? is it safe? I play by tapping the uke body and as y'all know uke never has a pickguard, the reason I wanna use car stripes I can peel off or change easily rather than put a permanent one, your opinion is appreciated...

Makes me want to buy a red Dolphin so I could put black stripes on it and make it look like an Opal my father had when I was in high school!

I tinker with cars as a hobby. Im not sure what your considering here
Like a vinyl racing stripe kind of material? I would think based on the products Ive used before that would pretty permanent. Alot of the striping ive used requires a special tool to then remove. Even the vinyl stripes ive used are on there pretty good. Maybe you could contact paper?

Edit:
I see what youre talking about now. Not a car based product just the design. Sorry. Its still early. It would look cool.

Last edited:
I think that would look cool. If you want to keep the original look of the uke, you could use a clear Avery label as a pick guard. A well renowned guitar luthier turned my on to those when he put one on a guitar he built for me. They can also be removed and replaced when necessary.

I think that would look cool. If you want to keep the original look of the uke, you could use a clear Avery label as a pick guard. A well renowned guitar luthier turned my on to those when he put one on a guitar he built for me. They can also be removed and replaced when necessary.

Not sure about clear pickguard tho' I've seen in youtube before. some people had problem to remove it especially when they first installed and there's some bubbles, that's why I'm looking into car stripes. whereas on the wood they may be easily removed.

I've heard of people using the clear protective sheets designed to be used on smartphones and tablets. They cling due to static electricity so there is no residue when they are removed.

Myself, I just figure my ukes are going to develop beauty marks with time - it shows I love them. :)

John

which colickj

Sorry I misread! you mentioned Avery clear label not the cjear pick guard, but are they sticky enough? or they gonna get peel-off every time?

I've had one on my guitar for about 8 years and there are no signs of it peeling off. Just be sure the guitar if free of oils and waxes before you apply the label.

I've had one on my guitar for about 8 years and there are no signs of it peeling off. Just be sure the guitar if free of oils and waxes before you apply the label.

Have you ever tried to remove it? One nightmare I'm afraid to happen when you peel off and it does damage to the finish...btw where can I get those labels?...office supplies store...or online order? and how big or small are they?

I've never removed mine. I've never had a need to remove it. It still looks like it did the day the luthier put it on there. They come in various sizes and can be found at any office supply store.

Eddie Van Halen Style

kramer_c5150_evh1.jpg

Eddie_White__Black_Striped_Strat-10.jpg

I've never removed mine. I've never had a need to remove it. It still looks like it did the day the luthier put it on there. They come in various sizes and can be found at any office supply store.

I now put the clear label from Avery cut into Pick guard shape and I play hard and strum on it, no damage to the finish, works perfectly! Thanks for your advise, truly appreciated!

Top Bottom