Look What Santa Brought Me!

ancient

Reaction score
photo 2-1.jpgLittleVegaBack.jpgLittleVega.jpg
Here are some pics of my new/old 1930s Vega Banjo Uke. It is an incredible instrument and I am having a great time playing all my ukulele tunes on it. It is a very rare instrument, in that they didn't make very many of them. It is in excellent condition with all original hardware and a skin head. It is a pleasure to play this wonderful instrument! If it could only talk and tell me where it's been since the 1930s.

Sweet! I guess you've been very good this year.

John

....but but....Santa's not here yet. He should still be up in the North Pole...getting ready.
Ah man I'm confused.

Nice... Any chance of you putting up a sound file or video?
I would be glad to post a sound sample or video, but I don't know how to do that on this site, without going through YouTube.
What I have done is not YouTube ready.

I would be glad to post a sound sample or video, but I don't know how to do that on this site, without going through YouTube.
What I have done is not YouTube ready.

Heh, heh. I can relate, except I've passed that age where I don't much care what people think of me. :)

However, you do know that you can put a video on YouTube and mark it so it will only show up for people who have the link, right? There are three ways you can mark videos at YouTube - when marked "public" your youtube will show up in searches and anyone can see it. When marked "private" only those YouTube users that you share the video with can view it. In between is a mode I think they call "Unlisted" - anyway, in that mode the uke only shows up for people who have the URL to it. So, you can set the video that way and then post the video or the URL (or both) here at UU and only people who visit UU will be able to view the video.

John

Wow! That is beautiful! Santa must be in a UKE mood. I got a years subscription to to the ukulele Underground university!

Short Sample of my 1930s Vega Banjo Uke

Here is a very short sample of my Vega Banjo Uke.

That is so great! Santa really treated you right! I have been doing a lot of banjo uke shopping/browsing the last few days. Congratulations!

Btw the video was set to private, and wouldn't work.

That is so great! Santa really treated you right! I have been doing a lot of banjo uke shopping/browsing the last few days. Congratulations!

Btw the video was set to private, and wouldn't work.

Thank You! I fixed the video and it should be visible now.

View attachment 46347View attachment 46348View attachment 46349
Here are some pics of my new/old 1930s Vega Banjo Uke. It is an incredible instrument and I am having a great time playing all my ukulele tunes on it. It is a very rare instrument, in that they didn't make very many of them. It is in excellent condition with all original hardware and a skin head. It is a pleasure to play this wonderful instrument! If it could only talk and tell me where it's been since the 1930s.

Congrates !!!! Always welcome a happy news :)

Santa must have forgot to my update my new address...........

Last edited:
WOW!! That is in beautiful shape to be around 80 years old. The head looks practically brand new. Congrats!

Congrats on the new Uke!

I've been very good this year, wonder what Santa has for me ;)

Wow, it's so cute! It looks to be in very good condition for having been around that long! You are so lucky!

Top Bottom