PDA

View Full Version : Spreading love and Christmas Cheer with our ukuleles :)

YogaJen
12-15-2012, 09:57 AM
I thought in the light of suffering and tragedy around us it is good to be reminded of the positives that are taking place in the world, and the immense good that we ukers can do with our kind hearts, music-making and joyful faces :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cdRM5CMsYgs

lakesideglenn
12-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Me being a health care worker in several LTC facilities, I think it's wonderful that you folks do this every year and Im sure the residents really enjoyed the show. It would have been nice to actually here you guys play though instead of the overdubbed Xmas music. Anyway, job well done and Merry Christmas to all y'all!

Camsuke
12-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Fabulous work Yogajen, truly wonderful.

wallyboy
12-15-2012, 10:41 AM
lovely, well done, great to see smiley faces.

YogaJen
12-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks for your comments good people :)
This was our 3rd annual Christmas Dash, and it is evolving.
In 2012 we did it over 2 Saturday mornings and managed to get to 6 Nursing homes in all, and with a fabulous attendance of Blue MUGs - all decked out for the season, as you could see.
Our visits certainly put smiles on faces, and folks really participated as best they could, clapping and singing along.
Everyone was soooo grateful for us being there, but I know that we gained so much from being able to share out music, bring goodwill, and spread the joy.
The Christmas Dash will remain an event to look forward to on our Blue MUGs calendar.
Wishing the best to youse all
Jen