"Barely Breathing" by Duncan Sheik (Russbuss415 X puremarkska Ukulele Collab!)

puremarkska

Reaction score
"Barely Breathing" by Duncan Sheik (Russbuss415 X puremarkska Ukulele Collab!)

What it do! Been working on this one with my homie Russ back and forth for the past few months and the whole process has been a blast! Any feedback from you guys would be fantastic (though it's our first vid together and my first vid in a few years, so please be gentle) :D

Lots of inside jokes, rice, and an E3 evolve cameo (so if you have ever wondered what an eBow would sound like on an electric uke, you're in luck!).

shooots.

Greatest vid ever made!!!

Wow! Very creative. Best video I've seen in a long time!

Lots of fun! Especially liked the effect of the rice being thrown in the bowl - pretty slick!

John

Amazing! And funny, too. The first part reminds me of an old Monkees episode. How'd you guys think of all that...no talking, vasoline, red dress...oh Lord. :D. Then in the video, where Puremarkska is bigger than the buildings, and there are three RussBuss's, etc. Concise editing--and the lap drum, rice dumping, rapid fire--works so well to the eye...just as it did when Puremarkska did the outstanding Come Together Beatles tutorial video with Aldrine a few years back (still the quintessential Come Together tutorial, in case anyone wants to groove the chics at their New Years sleepover).

And finally, the musicianship. That song lives in Smoothville, one street over from the Kitschy Kafe.

Man, you guys kept it right at home.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the awesome comments guys!

Amazing! And funny, too. The first part reminds me of an old Monkees episode. How'd you guys think of all that ... Man, you guys kept it right at home.

Thank you! That was quite a compliment :D Russ came up with the idea to do the song and collab, so he directed the singing and harmony parts and we just went back and forth adding instruments. The "no talking" thing is a running gag in my YouTube videos, so Russ came up with the telephone intro and I played off of that. The Godzilla-style shots are a nod to the video for "New York, New York" which Russ is listening to in the intro. Russ has an interesting taste in humor and, I guess, so do I - so it was a hoot to work on this and slowly assemble all the pieces!

Pure Quality guys! Where can I get a slap drum from?
Check out the site www.slapdrum.com - the builder, Chris, is an awesome guy! Pretty sure he builds these in his garage, but excellent craftsmanship. The box used in the video is one of his "Lapdrums" and I actually emailed him a few times with questions about it before ordering. He gave me a lot of really good information and helped me choose what instrument would be best for my evil youtube purposes :D

Awesome ! This would be a 100% Undie winner if we still had Undie awards.

This goes into my youtube favorites.

Thanks for the nice comments all. Puremarkska did such a stellar job with the audio/video editing and playing off of the improv'd intro footage. Ukulele Underground should hire him to do some of their video work. Aaron could really use the help.

Oh yeah and his E3 Evolve ebow stuff is just amazing!

That was cool!

Top Bottom