44th Season of the Ukulele: Holiday Songs

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Hello, hello, and ho ho ho!

It is with great pleasure and anticipation that I announce the 44th season of the ukulele: holiday songs!

Your task - create a new video playing a holiday song of your choice. Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, etc. If it's a holiday, and it's celebrated in December, it's good to go!

Your prize - a Lanikai Banjolele LB6-S, generously donated by the ever-awesome Mr. Tim "No V" Szerlong! How cool is that? I played the little guy this past October at the Milwaukee Uke Fest, and the thing is a monster. He had a couple other non-banjofied ukuleles for me to try out, but I fell in love with the LB6-S. Visit ukeeku.com and tell him how awesome he is, please.

Rules and guidelines:

1. Your official entry has to be a new video created for this season.
  2. Your entry must mention the 44th season of the ukulele.
  3. Only videos posted in this thread will be considered.
  4. The ukulele must be featured front and center.
  5. Your first entry is your official entry. All other entries are bonus entries. Bonus entries are ineligible to win the Lanikai banjolele. The entrants may change their official entry at any time before the deadline, provided they say so in this thread.
  6. The deadline is Sunday, December 23rd at 11:59 PM, CST. That's mah birday! :D
  7. Call me crazy, I like overdubs/multi-tracking. No bonus points will be awarded for overdubs, but neither will I outlaw them. Feel free to overdub to your heart's content.

And that's it! If I can get my Mac to obey me, I'll make a video for the contest, and edit this post to include it.

As soon as the first video rolls in, I'll post a link to the playlist. And here's the playlist! And here are the bonus tracks!

Also - I'm new to running a Seasons of the Uke Contest! If I'm forgetting something, please let me know. I'll be your best friend.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for entering!

Last edited:
Hello, hello, and ho ho ho!

It is with great pleasure and anticipation that I announce the 44th season of the ukulele: holiday songs!

Your task - create a new video playing a holiday song of your choice. Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, etc. If it's a holiday, and it's celebrated in December, it's good to go!

Your prize - a Lanikai Banjolele LB6-S, generously donated by the ever-awesome Mr. Tim "No V" Szerlong! How cool is that? I played the little guy this past October at the Milwaukee Uke Fest, and the thing is a monster. He had a couple other non-banjofied ukuleles for me to try out, but I fell in love with the LB6-S. Visit ukeeku.com and tell him how awesome he is, please.

Rules and guidelines:

1. Your official entry has to be a new video created for this season.
  2. Your entry must mention the 44th season of the ukulele.
  3. Only videos posted in this thread will be considered.
  4. The deadline is Sunday, December 23rd at 11:59 PM, CST. That's mah birday! :D
  5. Call me crazy, I like overdubs/multi-tracking. No bonus points will be awarded for overdubs, but neither will I outlaw them. Feel free to overdub to your heart's content.

And that's it! If I can get my Mac to obey me, I'll make a video for the contest, and edit this post to include it.

As soon as the first video rolls in, I'll post a link to the playlist.

Also - I'm new to running a Seasons of the Uke Contest! If I'm forgetting something, please let me know. I'll be your best friend.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for entering!

I own one of these wonderful banjoleles! We're probably going to do a Christmas song (our little family), so I'll enter anyway. :) I doubt I'll win, so someone else can get to have one of these wonderful instruments!

Have fun, everyone!

CountryMouse

Edit: Thank you, Ginny, for correcting me (next post down). My faulty aging memory thought Tootler had called Season 45 for holiday songs months ago. It was actually Seeso who had called it for Season 44.

:hangs head in shame, then nods off in that position and waits for the nurse to wake him for his pudding:

Last edited:
Edit: Thank you, Ginny, for correcting me (next post down). My faulty aging memory thought Tootler had called Season 45 for holiday songs months ago. It was actually Seeso who had called it for Season 44.

:hangs head in shame, then nods off in that position and waits for the nurse to wake him for his pudding:

Pudding? Pudding! We're having pudding?!

This looks like fun Seeso - I've got an idea but I don't know if I'll have time to get it done with all the travel and whatnot - going to try, though!

John

Happy Christmas (Toots & the Maytals 1972)

I confess, I recorded this yesterday.

I love Christmas songs and reggae, both translate well to the uke, so I give you:
Happy Christmas by Toots and the Maytals. (1972)
Cameos from Esme the cat, Santa Claus, and a few of my ukes.

Peace On Earth, Happy Holidays to all UU'rs right around the world.

Our [D] father is the [A] maker of [G] Mary
And [D] Mary is the mother of us [A] all
Her [G] son is a [D] blessing from the [G] father
[D] So let's [A] give thanks and [D] praise

Happy [G] Christmas to [D] you
to [A] you, to you, to [D] you [D7]
Happy [G] Christmas to [D] Ukulele
[A] Under- [D] ground [A] [D]

[D] Christmas [A] coming back for [D] me
Christmas [A] coming back for [D] you
[A] coming back for [D] all the Season-[G] istas
[D] Christmas [A] coming back a- [D] gain

In the morning when we [A] wake up let's sing [G] praises
To the [D] king and the mother of us [A] all
When you [G] walk in the [D] dark you got [G] trouble
When you [D] walk in the [A] light you have [D] peace

Every [D] day can be [A] like a [G] holiday
But [D] Christmas is a very special [A] day
Let's not [G] fight, not [D] war, and not [G] worry
[D] Christmas is [A] here for every- [D] one

I think it's pretty traditional to require that the ukulele be featured - other instruments okay as supporting cast but ukulele front and center. (One would think that would be pretty obvious given where the seasons are hosted...but sometimes you just havta spell it out.) ;)

Oh, and congrats on the birthday!

John

Must be Santa.
Cha and Pa's entry to the Holiday Song's Season 44.
Knew that this season was coming so did this when my grand daughter was over last week.

Season's Greetings Everyone!

I love Christmas songs and reggae, both translate well to the uke, so I give you:

~dave~~wave~
Your clips are always full of exuberance and joy. Loved this one!
We take the technology for granted that let's us share our joy of the ukulele from all corners of the planet but it really is amazing when you think about it.

and a Happy Christmas to you too! :eek:

How many songs can we enter?

How are official entries determined as opposed to bonus entries? Is it up to the entrant?

I think it's pretty traditional to require that the ukulele be featured - other instruments okay as supporting cast but ukulele front and center. (One would think that would be pretty obvious given where the seasons are hosted...but sometimes you just havta spell it out.) ;)

Oh, and congrats on the birthday!

John

Thanks, John. Added to the list of rules.

seeso this is your seeson (sorry couldn't resist) so as host I think you pretty much have the say.
In the few that I have entered bonus tracks are "labelled" or stated by the entrant as being a bonus track (and not limited in number).
Bonus tracks have not been eligible to win in the ones I know about.
Each entrant has only had one official entry - usually the first (but some hosts allow that to be changed as long as the entrant lets them know which is to be the official entry).
But I reckon you're in charge for this one.
I do know that you are going to get LOTS of videos if you allow more than one official entry with such a great prize.

Each entrant has only had one official entry - usually the first (but some hosts allow that to be changed as long as the entrant lets them know which is to be the official entry).

I like this. Let's do it this way. The first is the official entry, and all others are bonus entries. The entrants may change their official entry at any time before the deadline, provided they say so in this thread.

PaBrizzer - that was so cute. It must be great playing Uke with your granddaughter. I wish my daughter would play with me. I had to bribe her to do a little melodica work on an entry for the Seasons a while back (French Week).

I love the look your granddaughter gives you at the very end of the video. Great life affirming video of a song I'd never heard before. Well done both of you!

Top Bottom