old ukulele strings

NoahOathKeeper

Reaction score
hey Guys and gals. if anyone is trashing old strings any size and condition , please don't throw them in the trash , stick em in a envelope and mail them to me . ill pay you back for your stamp :D
just shoot me a massage and ill give you my name and mailing address .
What am i doing with these strings ? you ask ...
I build Make shift ukuleles :p and give them to kids/young teens to get them interested in playing music . i teach a free class once a month and pass a few of these out . the old strings might not sound as good, but still work for the purpose and will greatly help keep my cost down
thanks

Off topic

I know this is off topic you sound like a person knowledgeable in strings? :D
I was trying to buy different brands of strings to test out and i come by these Martin strings. Question is, what is the difference between these crystal nylon and fluorocarbon strings?

I was trying to buy different brands of strings to test out and i come by these Martin strings. Question is, what is the difference between these crystal nylon and fluorocarbon strings?

If you'd like to get answers to this question from the community, it would make more sense for you to start a new thread in which you ask this question. And, for what it's worth, going off topic sometimes results in the hijacking of a thread (however unintentionally), which is unfair to the original poster.

Oath Keeper? Ditto...USN-USANG. With the new ukuleles I sell, if they do not have Aquila strings, I pull 'em and replace 'em. Have you got a particular size in mind? sop-con-ten-bar ?

Thx for opening a new thread here for that new question.

Oath Keeper? Ditto...USN-USANG. With the new ukuleles I sell, if they do not have Aquila strings, I pull 'em and replace 'em. Have you got a particular size in mind? sop-con-ten-bar ?
I make all sizes but mostly Soprano and tenor

Noah, what a cool thing to do! I have a ukulele group, I will hold on to our old strings for you!

thank you ,it my pleasure , i want to spread the love of music to the world, and also maybe get the computer,gaming/ty remotes out of kids hands and instruments in there hands

I make other instruments for them also, but mostly ukuleles , and i figured ukuleles was best posted here :D

Last edited:
if anyone is interested here is a couple pics one is the last i made , a 3 string guitar and the other is my current project a soprano ukulele these things actuialy sound a lot better then they look lol
3 string.jpgukulele project.jpg

ill Go ahead and send post my Address here if thats ok and thank you all for the responses
Paul Williamson
51 LODGE HALL CT
Stony Point NC

We're up to about 20 regular members at my uke club. There must be a load of strings hanging around. I'll make enquiries tomorrow night

got yer back, I'll send you a bunch.. and they will be labeled so you don't need to play guessing games. wdt

Thanks so much TheCraftedCow . and i thank ya for the labeling also that will be a BIG help
ive got 6 built now that are just waiting to be strung , set up and given out

Bumping thread ..... thank you to everyone who has read and responded
and to all the sellers out there remember when the kids get tired of my crappy hand made ukuleles they will be looking for a better one to buy .
and i have them all sign up on ukulele underground during the free class

Last edited:
Please consider helping out, i have a class of 15 kids soon and really cant afford to go buy new strings for them all as this is Non for profit
Paul Williamson
51 Lodge Hall court
Stony Point NC ,28678

hey Guys and gals. if anyone is trashing old strings any size and condition , please don't throw them in the trash , stick em in a envelope and mail them to me . ill pay you back for your stamp ,name and address is posted
I build Make shift ukuleles and give them to kids/young teens to get them interested in playing music . i teach a free class once a month and pass a few of these out . the old strings might not sound as good, but still work for the purpose and will greatly help keep my cost down
thanks
Paul Williamson
51 Lodge Hall court
Stony Point NC ,28678

bumping thank you for reading

hey Guys and gals. if anyone is trashing old strings any size and condition , please don't throw them in the trash , stick em in a envelope and mail them to me . ill pay you back for your stamp ,name and address is posted
I build Make shift ukuleles and give them to kids/young teens to get them interested in playing music . i teach a free class once a month and pass a few of these out . the old strings might not sound as good, but still work for the purpose and will greatly help keep my cost down
thanks
Paul Williamson
51 Lodge Hall court
Stony Point NC ,28678
/QUOTE]

bumping thank you for reading

Top Bottom