Does anyone have the Kala KA TE?

ukulelelearner

Reaction score
hello all,

I am wondering about buying my first electric accoustic uke and I have gotten a sweet deal on the Kala satin mahogany tenor electric. It does not come with a case so I would have to purchase one. Does anyone have any pros/cons about this con? Or have you played on them before?

I mostly likely will buy this uke or buy a hard shell case for my accoustic guitar. Please help! I appreciate any input that you all can offer me!

Thanks,
Annemarie "ukulelelearner"

If it's a laminate, then it won't have a huge need for a case, unless you're taking it out a lot, and even then you'd be safe with a gig bag. But I don't know if it's a solid wood one or not. It depends on which Kala it is. If it's a solid, then winters can be pretty tough on all-wood instruments. First you have the temp changes from indoors to out, and then you have humidity changes. Very generally speaking, indoor humidity decreases in the winter because we have our heaters on. That means to sum up, if it's solid, then you need a case and probably a humidifier, perhaps. If not, then you have something probably a little more durable, maybe. See, I don't know which one so I'm talking very generally here. :)

hello all,

I am wondering about buying my first electric accoustic uke and I have gotten a sweet deal on the Kala satin mahogany tenor electric. It does not come with a case so I would have to purchase one. Does anyone have any pros/cons about this con? Or have you played on them before?

I mostly likely will buy this uke or buy a hard shell case for my accoustic guitar. Please help! I appreciate any input that you all can offer me!

Thanks,
Annemarie "ukulelelearner"

I just bought a tenor Kala- ka-kte-ct, love it every second, the classic cutaway shape, the color cedar top, maple binding, great sound...I had to buy a used one from Ebay, comes with hard foam case, since this specific model is no longer available, you can watch the link below, the guy with white t-shirt is playing it and judge yourself for the sound:
click this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6BYgBnyDQs

It's used one but still looks new, can't complain because they longer make this model, it was a limited edition...Ka-kte-ct-c

A Kala KA-T is the base model, laminate top Kala ukulele. The E on the end designates electrics. I owned a Kala KA-C. Same as KA-T but in concert size. It was a decent ukulele for the money yet you could tell it had a laminated top listening to it. My two bobs worth is that I wouldn't worry about putting a pickup in such a ukulele and the instrument isn't really an upgrade over anything. If the deal is good enough for an entry level instrument then fine, but not if your looking to upgrade from an entry level instrument you have already.

Anthony

I own the KA-TEM. It is a laminate tenor with decent electrics. Produces a sweet somewhat bright tone but when plugged into amp via D.I box sounds really good with great intonation all the way up the fingerboard. A decent first tenor for me. Well built and finished. I use a gig bag and apply oil to fingerboard and polish on the laminate.
All the best with your decision.
Ben

Top Bottom