New guy with new uke!

Smalls

Reaction score
Greetings, really digging the site. I just picked up a new (to me) uke. This is my third, and probably my last. My first 2 were okay (cordoba baritone, thought it would be easy to play coming from guitar, fingerboard was too much of a stretch for some of the Uke chords) and a lanikai 8 string (fun, but the quality wasn't there). I was browsing the local pawnshop last week and found a 2001 KoAloha concert. It was in REALLY rough shape, covered in stickers, filthy, crud all over the fingerboard, etc. It was structurally sound though, so we talked turkey, i haggled em down, and took it home yesterday morning. After a little elbow grease the stickers and gunk came off, this afternoon i hit it with some Virtuoso cleaner and polish, a new set of strings, and BOOM, I'm back in Uke-town! I travel a lot for work and I'd been looking for something to take with me. I've been flying with guitars and it's a little nerve wracking. This will do nicely. It's still not pristine. It's obviously lived a rough life. Lot's of finish checking (looks like an old Gibson acoustic!), fingerboard wear, a few dings, etc. but it sounds great! Plays a lot easier than the last two I had, that's for sure.

IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find, looks in pretty good shape. Did you you take any before pictures? Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations! You got a KoAloha for a phenomenal price and got the satisfaction of personally bringing it back to it's old glory. Too bad you didn't have before and after pics. That would have been fun to see.

Great find! I guess I should stop by a pawn shop once in a while!

Welcome to U.U. What a score on the Koaloha!

Top Bottom