"Louise"

H

Hippie Dribble

1929. Richard A. Whiting; Leo Robin.

one of my favourite Cliff Edwards songs, and one of my favourite songs fullstop.

Can't vouch for the accuracy of the chords I used, but I spent a couple of hours this afternoon working up this rendition on my baritone uke. Really hope you enjoy it gang, thanks for watching. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRNhB9ljOKk

thanks a lot Bill...coffee? what, you drunk all that tea already? Hardcore mate, hardcore. :p

thanks a lot Bill...coffee? what, you drunk all that tea already? Hardcore mate, hardcore. :p

I save the tea for a 'midday stimulant'....:) Need the high octane brew getting the kiddies off to school bright and early..... That Australian Afternoon tea hits the spot, BTW - never had that one before....

"Louise" is my favorite song to play on the ukulele. The song has been in my head for a long time with Maurice Chevalier singing in his unique style. I have never forgot that song after hearing it as a young child. And I now have a new ukulele to play it on - a custom Brüko maple soprano purchased from you, Jon. Yeah, I picked it up today at the post office and "Louise" was the first song I played on it. I like your rendition and your singing is fantastic. I rely on my girlfriend to supply the vocals.

"Louise" is my favorite song to play on the ukulele. The song has been in my head for a long time with Maurice Chevalier singing in his unique style. I have never forgot that song after hearing it as a young child. And I now have a new ukulele to play it on - a custom Brüko maple soprano purchased from you, Jon. Yeah, I picked it up today at the post office and "Louise" was the first song I played on it. I like your rendition and your singing is fantastic. I rely on my girlfriend to supply the vocals.

thanks for watching Bill, really nice to hear this song means a lot to other folks too. Yep, Maurice Chevalier's take on it is incredible, but Cliff Edwards' shot at it always spoke loudest to me, the emotion in his voice just carries me away...

And very happy the uke arrived safe and sound mate and that you're happy with it. Thanks a lot for the lovely comment brother.

Top Bottom