Kris Barnet No 3. custom concert finally came.

ogah

Reaction score
It's been a joyful waiting for this beyond amazing uke.

I own a full custom Koa Works Tenor with cut away, slotted head, master grade koa body, a limited I'iwi soprano with cuban mahogany, KoAloha KTM tenor, and a Kamaka concert..

As some of you may know by now, I got this for my brother..

It came in a nice tweed case although I ordered an ameritage silver
concert case but the Ameritage case didn't fit it's body.

I played it for about 30 min before packing it nicely for my brother...

it just blew me away in everyway. The finish is as nice as my 5k custom tenor if not better.. sound (with wound lowG) makes my aged Kamaka concert (with natural gut HighG) as if it's the new one.

Two things I find very different from my other ukes. This one is heavier.. alot more than my kamaka.. even heavier than my tenors as it feels. The neck is thicker ( I think, it's similar to Pono necks..) But once someone is used to it, I am sure it's the others feeling strange.

Would I recommend Kris? Heck yeah.. he is very prompt in answering all my emails among others. But foremost, his uke speaks for itself.. I am so glad this one is No. 3.. meaning I am only the 3rd one to enjoy his uke..

WOW, What a present! WTG

Show us some pics!

Kris is new to Ukuleles, but he has MAJOR chops! He is as innovative a luthier as they come, so keep an eye out as his work progresses.

I already consider Kris my favorite luthier. The quality of his instruments is amazing, from the look to the unbelievable sound. I have a tenor on order that I will show you when I get it

Top Bottom