And the Uke contagion spreads..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Some of you may remember the story about a year ago of a young boy that I gifted a uke to because he seemed so passionate about wanting to learn. I had questions on if he was too young. It wasn't about "wasting" a uke, but I like to be sure they really do want to play, or if as young as he was, if the new would wear off quickly as it does when kids are young, and simply be tossed into a toybox or closet. Well, it's been a year. It was last year about this time, just before Christmas when I gave that kid the uke. A year later, this young boy, now about 9 years old is still passionate about his uke, and still plays it. He is now, actually making music with it. The contagion spreads I say, because just yesterday, his mother and grandmother stopped by for a visit yesterday to see me about something. Apparently, this young boys still takes his ue everywhere with him, and on visists to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It seems his Grandpa has now caught the bug from his grandson. The boy's Mom and Grandmother came to me for advice on getting a uke for the Grandfather because he so much enjoys it when the boy brings it to their house and they take turns playing on it. I think that is so cool, and I know the Grandfather is going to love having one of his own, so they both can play together when they visit..

Just thought that was a cool sequil to the original. It's contagious, we all know it..

Very nice little read, and such a good outcome too. Hope you gave them the advice they needed to get the grandfather a uke. Good on ya!

What a nice story. The uke is contagious.

My daughter ordered my granddaughter a "little pink" uke for Christmas, from Amazon. I think its a dolphin, but not sure. My daughter is very "musical" and told me she'll also be playing it. Her husband (my S-I-L) said he wouldn't be caught playing a pink uke, but I have a feeling he'll also be playing soon. Once I get my black dolphin, my granddaughter and I may have "dueling dolphins" via skype. LOL

Our man Tudorp, changing the world for the better one Uke at a time.

Scooter

Way to go! What a cool story! I gave my bestie a uke a couple of months ago, a Dolphin, and she loves it! Today, I got a text from another good friend that a Dolphin showed up at her house too, and she thanked me, and is on the way to buy a tuner...so I too am capable of corrupting folks with the epidemic!

Well her budget is around $150 or less, so I schooled her on some of Ohanas in that price range and Mainland ukes. I showed her a sample of all the sizes, and it sounds like she is sold on a Soprano. She will keep me posted on what she gets for him. I'm proud of the little guy that even at 9 years old, he spreads the Uke as well. It will be some great memories for him to get to play with his Grandpa..

Some of you may remember the story about a year ago of a young boy that I gifted a uke to because he seemed so passionate about wanting to learn. I had questions on if he was too young. It wasn't about "wasting" a uke, but I like to be sure they really do want to play, or if as young as he was, if the new would wear off quickly as it does when kids are young, and simply be tossed into a toybox or closet. Well, it's been a year. It was last year about this time, just before Christmas when I gave that kid the uke. A year later, this young boy, now about 9 years old is still passionate about his uke, and still plays it. He is now, actually making music with it. The contagion spreads I say, because just yesterday, his mother and grandmother stopped by for a visit yesterday to see me about something. Apparently, this young boys still takes his ue everywhere with him, and on visists to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It seems his Grandpa has now caught the bug from his grandson. The boy's Mom and Grandmother came to me for advice on getting a uke for the Grandfather because he so much enjoys it when the boy brings it to their house and they take turns playing on it. I think that is so cool, and I know the Grandfather is going to love having one of his own, so they both can play together when they visit..

Just thought that was a cool sequil to the original. It's contagious, we all know it..

That's so great, I love your stories and hearing of your kindness...

It's kind of spread in my family too. I have a pink Dolphin for my granddaughter, and my son is getting his wife a blue dolphin for Christmas. It all started with my yellow Dolphin.
Yes, it seems the uke is contagious!

Its an ukulele Christmas for my honorary nieces and nephew this year. Books, videos, tuners, bags, and Kala Ukadelics from HMS all around; the works. Hopefully they'll dig it and they have all the resources they need. Can't wait to learn a few songs with them. Next year will tell, though, if they catch the fever.

Seems how this thing does spread - because I've been messing around with ukes, my father is now buying one for my niece (he knows I've already promised ukes to my kids when they complete their next book in violin and cello)

Top Bottom