So Bummed - but life goes on.

000Kanaka000

Reaction score
Well seems like no more christmas songs for me this year.
This sore throat just keeps on and every time it looks like the
bug may be on it's way out i go to bed and another cycle of
throat pain begins. Have never experienced something this
long lasting and tenacious. So am missing the song writing
and all the seasons xmas contests this go round. Talk about
frustrating. Feel like a croaking frog at the moment.

Have been waiting for the Kawika to show up but even when
it arrives looks like this year is out for the caroling. So guys
enjoy the contests and the songs and hopefully i will be fully
on the mend soon and back into the game before the start of
the new year.

Happy Holidays to All on Ukelele Forum
Keep strumming.
hmmmmm maybe some tea with honey

G

Look forward to when you'll be back in fine voice! Meanwhile, take care of yourself and have a Bon Nadal - as we'd say round here.

Sending healing vibes your way. Until then, I've seen you do some awesome instrumental vids!

Merry Christmas

That sounds really unpleasant - I hope you feel much better soon! And yeah - play some nice instrumentals to cheer yourself up! Hope you're back to your old self by Christmas! :D

I hope you feel better soon! Not to be an alarmist, but have you been to a doctor? In my city, at least, there seems to be a lot of strep throat this year.

Look after yourself, get better and look forward to your return to the seasons.

In the meantime, seasons greetings.

It's exactly as I told you in your Hawaii thread (see my post there)...it is what everyone has had and it hangs in there for two to three weeks. Unless you have a fever 101F, it's not strep and you just wait it out.

Hang tough, Kawika video and show HMS's great work when it arrives.

My first year in Finland, I got this nasty thing they called the A virus on the news. It left me with severe laryngitis for months, that took doctors a while to catch. Point being, make sure you don't sing or talk too much - in case you have that! In the meantime, lots of soup for you... And I hope on the big day you feel better. :)

i did have a fever for a few days and it's now hanging on for 3 weeks time with no sign
of let up, so it might be time to bite the bullet and go to the VA and have it checked out.
Unfortunately or fortunately bought a car and so have been having to talk which isn't helping
the situation. Someone else is buying the same type of car so am helping them through the
drama of that which again is entailing talking so am getting more and more hoarse. Seems
the pain gets much more extreme during night when am trying to sleep. Thank you for all
the well wishes and have been plunking on the ukes (minus voice) so it's affording me more
time attempting to learn to play with more melody being added to the chords. Hmmmmm
maybe can try working on some xmas songs minus vocals. After tomorrow and the end of
the car debacle will take a day to navigate the joy of the VA hospital and get this checked out
as there is some heaviness in the chest as well.

Much aloha to all here and thank you ALL for the well wishes and nice words. It is very
appreciated.

When I returned from Hawaii last month I had a similar virus/cold/sore throat. I eventually went to a doctor and they gave me antibiotics. The throat feels better, but I've had some ear pain. It seems that I know a lot of folks having these long lasting bugs this season, going all the way back to the summer. Go see a doctor and I hope you feel better soon.

* it seems it may have turned a corner today but if tomorrow there is some back tracking
then will definitely go see the doctors. Seems that the bugs are getting nastier and nastier
every year. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

When I returned from Hawaii last month I had a similar virus/cold/sore throat. I eventually went to a doctor and they gave me antibiotics. The throat feels better, but I've had some ear pain. It seems that I know a lot of folks having these long lasting bugs this season, going all the way back to the summer. Go see a doctor and I hope you feel better soon.

Hey, that's weird.

I've had a sore throat for more than a month now. It isn't spreading, there are no other symptoms, and the doc says I show no signs of an infection. Still, I can barely get through a sentence without choking on my own dry vocal cords. Needless to say, my early Christmas visit with the grandkids was pretty painful when the uke came out. Are these the symptoms you're experiencing, too, or do you have a full-blown cold?

Aloha C,
I was sick for plus my infection for two months with this thing going around and it lingered for some time...please take care and
see a doctor...hope you feel better soon and Season greetings and have a happy holidays... merry christmas to you..
http://video.about.com/hinduism/What-Is-Om-.htm

* it seems it may have turned a corner today but if tomorrow there is some back tracking
then will definitely go see the doctors. Seems that the bugs are getting nastier and nastier
every year. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I'm afraid if you're absent from the Seasons for three weeks running it may require a note from your doctor before you're allowed to return. ;)

Hope you feel better. Have you tried some good Scotch whisky?

Top Bottom