'Ukulele fingerpicking Method-Hawaiian Style! endorsed by Chris Kamaka, Lyle Ritz++

pekelo

Reaction score
I've got my uke books up on a Christmas special -discounted
below the web listing -for the UU group:)
These are almost the only uke books that are endorsed by
Chris Kamaka, Lyle Ritz, (music professor)Dr Amy Stillman
& more...
Each books comes with a CD so that you can listen & play along -learn at your own pace & all exercises and arrangements are based on Hawaiian melodies
Please take a look at www.pekelosbooks.com
& a big mahalo to all the nice UU reviews!
Pekelo

I ´ve got the 2 Pekolo books - they are great and there is a real good contact with Pekolo ! From Germany to Hawaii he answered every question in shot time. I have never seen such a intensive learning method for an instrument before.
Thanks Pekolo !

Mele Kalikimaka Kakou (Merry Christmas to all!)
End 2012/start 2013 with learning more Hawaiian style fingerpicking
My offline Holiday special is for $19/each book(includes the CD) + media
$rate shipping
Good thru Jan 15 only:)
Please send me an email at pekelosbooks@gmail.com for this special deal
Mahalo & Aloha!
Pekelo
pekelosbooks.com

I have both Level 1 & 2 books and they are a wonderful, thoughtfully organized way to advance your fingerpicking skills AND learn to read music! The study song selections are all Hawaiian and Pekelo provides some history about the composers and the song history that I really enjoy. Playing along with the CDs has been hugely helpful to improve my timing and have given me more confidence in playing with a group. I have been meaning to thank Pekelo for too long for all his efforts in creating this study course. I highly recommend them! and am eagerly awaiting Book 3!
Merry Christmas to all!
ME

Please note that, at least the first book, is for low G tuning and of limited use for a reentrant tuning.

Please note that, at least the first book, is for low G tuning and of limited use for a reentrant tuning.

That is the only reason I have never bought these books -- same goes for "50 Easy Uke Chord-Solos" -- I (currently) only own soprano ukes and only play with reentrant tuning. I would think about trying a low G again, but I generally don't like the sound as much, and on a soprano, find the string too flabby.

That is the only reason I have never bought these books -- same goes for "50 Easy Uke Chord-Solos" -- I (currently) only own soprano ukes and only play with reentrant tuning. I would think about trying a low G again, but I generally don't like the sound as much, and on a soprano, find the string too flabby.

Same here...thinking about restringing with the low g.

Yes - this is for lo-G ukes -- I can get more Hawaiian songs in with this but the same
techniques apply for a hi-G tuning as well. I've got the John King uke book -with classical uke
arrangements (I'm classically trained too) his books are excellent! but they are not instruction books...
does anyone have any Hawaiian favorites that they would like to see arranged
for chord/melody hi -G tuning?
pekelo

wpu, i agree w u. i, too, have tried, and will never like, low g tuning. i will also never like cod liver oil or fava beans.

Top Bottom