PDA

View Full Version : NAMM 2013 UU MEET UP! (Anyone in the Anaheim area)

Aldrine Guerrero
12-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Aloha! Happy holidays everyone.

It's that time of the year again and the 2013 NAMM show is coming up! I'd love to have a UU meet up right by the lawn on Friday Jan 25. Let me know if that date works for you folks. Either that or Sunday Jan 27? So to all attending the Winter NAMM 2013, please give me suggestions and let's set up this shindig!

We got UU members from all over the place! Melvin from Mango kingz (NorCal) is gonna be there. Also Seeso (Chicago) will be attending the NAMM show as well. Also the usual UU crew is gonna be there (Sally, Mim, Colin, etc.) So I want to bring everyone in the same area and have a huge jam and get together!

EDIT: YOU DO NOT NEED A NAMM PASS TO JOIN THE JAM SESSION AT THE GRASS KNOLL.

EDIT: I will also be performing at the Marriott on Saturday Jan. 26, 1pm Center stage! Please come down and check out our music! :D

Newportlocal
12-19-2012, 12:46 PM
This may be of help to you.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?73629-Winter-NAMM-2013&highlight=NAMM

electrauke
12-19-2012, 01:11 PM
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!! DOING MY HAPPY DANCE! THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!! I AM 99.9% SURE I CAN GO. Aldrine are you going to be there?

electrauke
12-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Will we need passes, I hope not, that would be a bummer.

Newportlocal
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM

Yes, you do. I was hoping to get my new uke from Rick Turner. Maybe someone can bring it to the door. I don't have a pass and doubt I will be that fortunate, but you can still go to the jam on the grassy knoll. In the past you could get in on Sunday, but it is debatable whether they are doing that this year. Time will tell. The funny thing is I used to get offered tickets all the time when I was up in the Studio City area and never went. Now,that I actually have a reason to want to go. It has been tough to get one.

Aldrine Guerrero
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM
This may be of help to you.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?73629-Winter-NAMM-2013&highlight=NAMM

Man... just shows how much I come to the forums haha. Anyway, this thread could be the official meet up thread. Direct others here and I'll plan everything out as best as I can

Aldrine Guerrero
12-19-2012, 01:46 PM

You do need a pass to get into the NAMM show but not for the meet up. Anyone and everyone can go to the jam session

Newportlocal
12-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Man... just shows how much I come to the forums haha. Anyway, this thread could be the official meet up thread. Direct others here and I'll plan everything out as best as I can

Sounds good.
Well, everything I have heard about you has been positive. Hey anyone that is a friend of Gary's son has to be alright.
Thanks for all that you have done.

Aldrine Guerrero
12-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Sounds good.
Well, everything I have heard about you has been positive. Hey anyone that is a friend of Gary's son has to be alright.

Member since August and you have <3k posts? Dang! Anyway, welcome to our house. We're not around much, but please keep the couches tidy haha

Newportlocal
12-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Member since August and you have <3k posts? Dang! Anyway, welcome to our house. We're not around much, but please keep the couches tidy haha

Thanks for the welcome.
One word answer.
PoHo:D

hawaii 50
12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
One word answer.
PoHo:D

Hey Richard..you talk more pigeon than me Lol where you learn that word from?

electrauke
12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
So, is this official or are you still deciding if we are going to do this? Because I just got more confirmation that I can go.

Plainsong
12-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Not that I can answer for Aldrine, but I think there's a jam every year or nearly so. I'd take an educated guess that he's serious. :)

CoLmes
12-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Looking forward to it.

Let's hope you don't have swine flu or whatever craziness this year!

Dougf
12-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Anybody got a NAMM pass to spare? I was fortunate enough to get tickets from Ohana last year and the year before (thanks Ken, Lewis, and Stephanie!), but looks like that's not going to work anymore. Thanks,

Doug

seeso
12-20-2012, 04:15 AM
We got UU members from all over the place! Melvin from Mango kingz (NorCal) is gonna be there. Also Seeso (Chicago) will be attending the NAMM show as well. Also the usual UU crew is gonna be there (Sally, Mim, Colin, etc.) So I want to bring everyone in the same area and have a huge jam and get together!

See you there, sucka! :D

Newportlocal
12-20-2012, 04:17 AM
Hey Richard..you talk more pigeon than me Lol where you learn that word from?
Ha ha your funny Len. I did spend lots of time over there, and will probably retire there when I am older. I was even baptized at the Diamond Head church. I miss the food over there. I don't feel like I can type that stuff right. That is MMstan's specialty. Shaka Brah how's it bruddah go for surf today haole. Easier talking Newport. I was carding the high line and went over the falls biffed it on the rocks and got a big gnarly gash in my wetsuit it was rad.:D

BTW Len figured you already knew. PoHo is from the living room. You should say "Hi" there.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?73313-Leader-Board-Ahnko-Honu-Takes-The-Lead-Chapter-13!/page958

gyosh
12-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Sounds good.

Yeah . . . James won't be able to make it down this time. It's a shame too because I can get a ticket if I were to go.

Will have to catch Aaron and Aldrine the next time they come to NorCal or when we get back to Kauai again.

Have fun!!

ukeeku
12-20-2012, 05:26 AM
So, is this official or are you still deciding if we are going to do this? Because I just got more confirmation that I can go.

Yes, this is going to happen. It happens every year. Just show up, no pass needed. we are outside of the show.
Usually someone hosts another jam too, we will see.

CoLmes
12-20-2012, 06:03 AM
Yes, this is going to happen. It happens every year. Just show up, no pass needed. we are outside of the show.
Usually someone hosts another jam too, we will see.

That was fun to come back to a hotel lobby and jam, we need to do that again

Newportlocal
12-20-2012, 06:08 AM
Yeah . . . James won't be able to make it down this time. It's a shame too because I can get a ticket if I were to go.

Will have to catch Aaron and Aldrine the next time they come to NorCal or when we get back to Kauai again.

Have fun!!

As previously stated. Doubt I will have a ticket to see Aldrine play and go to Rick's booth,but you are my friend Gary.
The first sign of senility is repeating the same story over again. We talked about this. I would love to see you and James get down here to NAMM for your own happiness,and like you said you can get a ticket for yourself. I like to do good things for others. I know you are just trying to stay in budget. I can give you some money to get down here to NAMM as a gift. Think about it and Lmk. Still plenty of time to decide.

hoosierhiver
12-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Don't think we are going this year, have fun everybody!

CoLmes
12-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Don't think we are going this year, have fun everybody!

:( will miss you! Cya in June

Aldrine Guerrero
12-20-2012, 10:01 AM
So who votes for Friday? Or Sunday?
I need to get a count on who can or cannot make it to what day so we can get it started :D

Mim
12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Either day... I am there! Looking forward to seeing y'all!

Dougf
12-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Saturday would be better for me.

CoLmes
12-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Friday, I know i'll be there for sure Friday. Not sure what time I'm leaving Sunday.

electrauke
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Friday the 25, please. My sis's birthday is the 26.

Aldrine Guerrero
12-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Looks like Friday is going to be the Jam. I'm thinking 7pm to let the traffic die down and also give everyone a lot of time to find the place. Then we just play for however long until someone suggests a place to eat lol.

Anyway, I'll probably be posting updates via twitter during that weekend. I'll probably just show up there as soon as NAMM finishes for that day to start gathering the troops.

Man.. I'm extremely excited for this year! :D

ukeeku
12-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Looks like Friday is going to be the Jam. I'm thinking 7pm to let the traffic die down and also give everyone a lot of time to find the place. Then we just play for however long until someone suggests a place to eat lol.

Anyway, I'll probably be posting updates via twitter during that weekend. I'll probably just show up there as soon as NAMM finishes for that day to start gathering the troops.

Man.. I'm extremely excited for this year! :D
Sounds like a plan.
I too am very excited this year.Between you playing on stage, Colin and Seeso, and a bunch of new companies. This year will be so much fun.
Now what uke should I bring? Hmmmm

electrauke
12-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Sounds like a plan.
I too am very excited this year.Between you playing on stage, Colin and Seeso, and a bunch of new companies. This year will be so much fun.
Now what uke should I bring? Hmmmm

I've only got 1 uke to bring unless I get one for Christmas.

electrauke
12-21-2012, 11:28 AM
So about how many people will be going?

ukeeku
12-27-2012, 10:03 AM
So about how many people will be going?

to NAMM 10,000+
The jam 20?

Mission Guitars
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Will try to stop by!

siauke
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
I bummed that I will miss the UU jam. I have tickets to see Benny Chong and Byron Yasui on Friday night in Huntington Beach!

salukulady
01-13-2013, 12:38 PM
NOOOOOO! The grassy knoll jam and Bubba Gumps is ALWAYS on Saturday night Aldrine!!!!! PLEASE do it on Saturday!!!!!

Ken Middleton
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM
NOOOOOO! The grassy knoll jam and Bubba Gumps is ALWAYS on Saturday night Aldrine!!!!! PLEASE do it on Saturday!!!!!

Unfortunately, I think Aldrine is performing on Saturday. Why don't you get a group together and we'll all go to Bubba Gump's on Saturday. What about Mim and Tim for instance?

salukulady
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately, I think Aldrine is performing on Saturday. Why don't you get a group together and we'll all go to Bubba Gump's on Saturday. What about Mim and Tim for instance?
Oh, Mr. Middleton's is coming? Yay!

Is Aldrine playing somewhere Saturday night? His show at NAMM is at 1:00.

Ken Middleton
01-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Is Aldrine playing somewhere Saturday night? His show at NAMM is at 1:00.

I thought so. Not too sure, but there is a reason he can't be there on Saturday evening.

salukulady
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I thought so. Not too sure, but there is a reason he can't be there on Saturday evening.

Probably some super secret performance for some Hollywood star. Aldrines fancy like that.

scothut
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I'll be at the show for sure and I'll swing by!

Aldrine Guerrero
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM

Awww. Sorry guys. I have a prior engagement that night(No concerts or anything though.) Feel free to jam out anyway. I still wanna jam with everyone so I made one for Friday night. See you all there! :D

salukulady
01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Awww. Sorry guys. I have a prior engagement that night(No concerts or anything though.) Feel free to jam out anyway. I still wanna jam with everyone so I made one for Friday night. See you all there! :D
Arrghhh. I have school Friday night.....oh man, I'm gonna hafta ditch class. Can I get a note for my teacher?

CoLmes
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Where exactly was the grassy knoll again? I forget from last year

MGM
01-20-2013, 01:39 PM

I would love to come and jam but my health will probably have a damper on me running amuck at night. We will see how i feel...

salukulady
01-20-2013, 05:00 PM

I think they moved it.

Mim
01-20-2013, 05:43 PM

If anyone wants to do anything on Saturday too, I am up for just about anything in the evenings.

AndrewKuker
01-21-2013, 01:11 AM
If anyone wants to do anything on Saturday too, I am up for just about anything in the evenings.

hey if Mike is feeling better, you guys should hang out. He's usually up for about anything in the evenings too! (plus I think he's always had the hots for you):love:

electrauke
01-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Ok, I am really confused, so I am going to list out some questions:

1. What meetup is Aldrine going to be at and what is the date and time?
2. What meetup is Mim going to be at and what is the date and time?
3. What meetup are the most people going to be at and what is the date and time?

It would be nice if you could answer these questions, thank you.

Aldrine Guerrero
01-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Friday night at 7pm! See you guys there :D

Mim
01-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Ok, I am really confused, so I am going to list out some questions:

1. What meetup is Aldrine going to be at and what is the date and time?
2. What meetup is Mim going to be at and what is the date and time?
3. What meetup are the most people going to be at and what is the date and time?

It would be nice if you could answer these questions, thank you.

1. Friday night at 7pm!
2. Friday night at 7pm!
3. Friday night at 7pm!

SEE YOU THERE I HOPE!!!

I was just doing a shout out that on other days if people wanted to meet up, I probably have nothing going on after 6. But I think that every year and there is always something going on!

hoosierhiver
01-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Aww man, I wish we were going this year.

sukie
01-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Aww man, I wish we were going this year.

Still a little chilly today, Mike? :-)

Rick Turner
01-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Not sure I can make it, but I'll have a few (a very few!) Compass Rose ukes in my booth, 2895, Hall D.

Included will be "Le Jazz" model cutaway micro-jumbo tenor that we built for Sarah Maisel...and Sarah will be around to demonstrate it.

CoLmes
01-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Not sure I can make it, but I'll have a few (a very few!) Compass Rose ukes in my booth, 2895, Hall D.

Included will be "Le Jazz" model cutaway micro-jumbo tenor that we built for Sarah Maisel...and Sarah will be around to demonstrate it.

Will make sure to stop by, never had a chance to touch a compass rose before.

electrauke
01-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Is there an address for the meetup, never been out to NAMM.

Dan Uke
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Hope it doesn't rain!!

Newportlocal
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM

Anaheim convention center. Currently an 80% chance of rain, but they will probably work something out.

Newportlocal
01-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Anaheim convention center. Currently an 80% chance of rain, but they will probably work something out.

Update heavy rain and 90% rain forecasted for Friday. Maybe they can meet at a restaurant or other location.

salukulady
01-23-2013, 08:33 PM

The addy is the Anaheim Convention Center. At the entrance on Katella by the big sign, there is a grassy area. That's where they meet.

Regarding the probability of rain, watch this thread for information.

The Big Kahuna
01-24-2013, 03:31 AM

Keep an eye out for a Quiznos, you'll probably find Aldrine fuelling up.

electrauke
01-25-2013, 09:02 AM
It looks like it will be raining, is there a change of plans?

salukulady
01-25-2013, 09:30 AM
It looks like it will be raining, is there a change of plans?

Saw Aldrine and Aaron last night. Fingers are crossed it doesn't rain. I will post here if I hear of any changes.

Newportlocal
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Saw Aldrine and Aaron last night. Fingers are crossed it doesn't rain. I will post here if I hear of any changes.

If it does. Come get me. I will be the lone guy standing in the rain on the grassy knoll.:D

electrauke
01-25-2013, 11:57 AM
So what are we going to do if it rains? I drove from Walnut Creek!! We have got to have one!

Dan Uke
01-25-2013, 11:58 AM
i hope you brought a plastic dolphin

hawaii 50
01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
If it does. Come get me. I will be the lone guy standing in the rain on the grassy knoll.:D

What rain in Southern Calif..no way
i liked that song..

salukulady
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/anaheim-ca/92805/hourly-weather-forecast/327150?ptab=o&day=1

This says no rain at 7PM tonight in Anaheim.

electrauke
01-25-2013, 12:29 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/anaheim-ca/92805/hourly-weather-forecast/327150?ptab=o&day=1

This says no rain at 7PM tonight in Anaheim.

Thank GOD!

Mim
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I know it is on rain or shine. Come, be in the general vacinity, and we shall jam... if it is raining, we will find some cover, see you standing in the rain with your uke, and tell you to come join us out of the rain! Dont worry... tis all good! See yall tonight!

electrauke
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Um, what will I be required to do playing wise because I am still not that good and I learn songs then forget them:)

Dan Uke
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
so how did it go?

Mim
01-25-2013, 10:52 PM
so how did it go?

Epic! Super fun! Vids should start popping up soon! Just... EPIC! I have been laughing all night long. My sides hurt! And my fingers are sore from playing. Happy happy Mim!

Newportlocal
01-26-2013, 05:15 AM
so how did it go?

Epic is right. That was so fun my face hurt from smiling, and my stomach felt like I had been doing pushups from laughing. What a great time. Everyone was super nice.

Rick Turner
01-26-2013, 05:36 AM
Well, I'm in drum land hell at NAMM...booth 2895...can't hear a thing, but come on over!

Newportlocal
01-26-2013, 05:44 AM
Well, I'm in drum land hell at NAMM...booth 2895...can't hear a thing, but come on over!

Haha I heard about that. The description I got was the drummers were all trying to out do each other. Super loud.

Dan Uke
01-26-2013, 06:04 AM
So what's the plans today?

The Big Kahuna
01-26-2013, 06:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEfbA7CBg8

Beau Hannam Ukuleles
01-26-2013, 06:36 AM

I did a guitar show once and we (Gilet Guitars) were opposite the Fender stand, so every 15 year old in Sydney seemed to be "playing" through the biggest amps they could plug into all day...freakin nightmare

Plainsong
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Thank GOD!

Did you make it? Was it awesome?

Plainsong
01-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I did a guitar show once and we (Gilet Guitars) were opposite the Fender stand, so every 15 year old in Sydney seemed to be "playing" through the biggest amps they could plug into all day...freakin nightmare

All Stairway to Heaven, all night long...

seeso
01-28-2013, 07:51 AM
The grassy knoll jam was just awesome. Singing and jamming with Aldrine, whom I've never met before NAMM, was surreal. Really great time.