NAMM 2013 UU MEET UP! (Anyone in the Anaheim area)

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Aloha! Happy holidays everyone.

It's that time of the year again and the 2013 NAMM show is coming up! I'd love to have a UU meet up right by the lawn on Friday Jan 25. Let me know if that date works for you folks. Either that or Sunday Jan 27? So to all attending the Winter NAMM 2013, please give me suggestions and let's set up this shindig!

We got UU members from all over the place! Melvin from Mango kingz (NorCal) is gonna be there. Also Seeso (Chicago) will be attending the NAMM show as well. Also the usual UU crew is gonna be there (Sally, Mim, Colin, etc.) So I want to bring everyone in the same area and have a huge jam and get together!

EDIT: YOU DO NOT NEED A NAMM PASS TO JOIN THE JAM SESSION AT THE GRASS KNOLL.

EDIT: I will also be performing at the Marriott on Saturday Jan. 26, 1pm Center stage! Please come down and check out our music! :D

Last edited:
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!! DOING MY HAPPY DANCE! THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!! I AM 99.9% SURE I CAN GO. Aldrine are you going to be there?

Will we need passes, I hope not, that would be a bummer.

Yes, you do. I was hoping to get my new uke from Rick Turner. Maybe someone can bring it to the door. I don't have a pass and doubt I will be that fortunate, but you can still go to the jam on the grassy knoll. In the past you could get in on Sunday, but it is debatable whether they are doing that this year. Time will tell. The funny thing is I used to get offered tickets all the time when I was up in the Studio City area and never went. Now,that I actually have a reason to want to go. It has been tough to get one.

Man... just shows how much I come to the forums haha. Anyway, this thread could be the official meet up thread. Direct others here and I'll plan everything out as best as I can

Sounds good.
Well, everything I have heard about you has been positive. Hey anyone that is a friend of Gary's son has to be alright.
Thanks for all that you have done.

Sounds good.
Well, everything I have heard about you has been positive. Hey anyone that is a friend of Gary's son has to be alright.

Member since August and you have <3k posts? Dang! Anyway, welcome to our house. We're not around much, but please keep the couches tidy haha

So, is this official or are you still deciding if we are going to do this? Because I just got more confirmation that I can go.

Not that I can answer for Aldrine, but I think there's a jam every year or nearly so. I'd take an educated guess that he's serious. :)

Looking forward to it.

Let's hope you don't have swine flu or whatever craziness this year!

Anybody got a NAMM pass to spare? I was fortunate enough to get tickets from Ohana last year and the year before (thanks Ken, Lewis, and Stephanie!), but looks like that's not going to work anymore. Thanks,

Doug

We got UU members from all over the place! Melvin from Mango kingz (NorCal) is gonna be there. Also Seeso (Chicago) will be attending the NAMM show as well. Also the usual UU crew is gonna be there (Sally, Mim, Colin, etc.) So I want to bring everyone in the same area and have a huge jam and get together!

See you there, sucka! :D

Hey Richard..you talk more pigeon than me Lol where you learn that word from?
Ha ha your funny Len. I did spend lots of time over there, and will probably retire there when I am older. I was even baptized at the Diamond Head church. I miss the food over there. I don't feel like I can type that stuff right. That is MMstan's specialty. Shaka Brah how's it bruddah go for surf today haole. Easier talking Newport. I was carding the high line and went over the falls biffed it on the rocks and got a big gnarly gash in my wetsuit it was rad.:D

BTW Len figured you already knew. PoHo is from the living room. You should say "Hi" there.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...Ahnko-Honu-Takes-The-Lead-Chapter-13!/page958

Last edited:
Sounds good.

Yeah . . . James won't be able to make it down this time. It's a shame too because I can get a ticket if I were to go.

Will have to catch Aaron and Aldrine the next time they come to NorCal or when we get back to Kauai again.

Have fun!!

So, is this official or are you still deciding if we are going to do this? Because I just got more confirmation that I can go.

Yes, this is going to happen. It happens every year. Just show up, no pass needed. we are outside of the show.
Usually someone hosts another jam too, we will see.

Yes, this is going to happen. It happens every year. Just show up, no pass needed. we are outside of the show.
Usually someone hosts another jam too, we will see.

That was fun to come back to a hotel lobby and jam, we need to do that again

Top Bottom