An Update on MGM, talked to him today on the phone....

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
I called Mike today, and he is still in alot of pain and bruises all on the top half of his body and fractured ribs and collarbone...but he said he
can't keep still...his doctor was amazed that he was walking around so quickly. He amazed me and said even though he is hurting, he wants to try and go back to work in a couple weeks.. wow I'd hope he's take it easy and let his ribs and collarbone heal right. Please say some prayers for him to heal quickly....

Thanks for the update. Of all the bones he could break, the bones he broke are painful when broken (especially ribs, which move whenever you breathe) but heal quickly. I was worried that he'd broken a limb or something and would be seriously incapacitated for many months. Get well quickly, Mike! My credit cards miss you. :)

Thanks for the update. Of all the bones he could break, the bones he broke are painful when broken (especially ribs, which move whenever you breathe) but heal quickly. I was worried that he'd broken a limb or something and would be seriously incapacitated for many months. Get well quickly, Mike! My credit cards miss you. :)

I know! Never had experience with the ribs, but broke my collar bone and... Yeah. :( I'm glad he's up, but if he's reading this - be careful! How he can play uke is beyond me. Maybe hang it from the ceiling with a long strap. :D

As why hahd . . . tell da buggah fo stay home till he get bettah. All he goin do is aggravate the injuries mo and goin take longa fo heal. All da local guys hahd head!

Thanks for the update Stan. Will send prayers and healing vibes Mike's way.

So, what does the other guy look like?! :rolleyes:

eh Kanaka916, too bad but da buggah stay LIVE at HMS! Everytime I go, he stay there doin' someting!

I tink you wen miss-spell "aggravate"! nah, only joking.

Yeah, Mike, malama pono even tho you stay workin lidat :)

keep uke'in',

I have determined that MGM is superman after all the stuff that has happened to him this year. Keep trucking man.

Thanks for the update. Maybe we should start calling you "Stan the Man"

Thanks Stan, I hope Mike is back up to speed soon.

The man is made out of solid Koa-top, back and sides.

I have determined that MGM is superman after all the stuff that has happened to him this year. Keep trucking man.

Great news Stan, mahalo for the update.

So, how are YOU Stan?

Are you going to be OK this Christmas?

Aloha Damon,
Still sick myself but getting better..missed the ukulele guild of hawaii show...I really wanted to go to that one...darn
plus a cousin has passed away...real bad year 2012 for me this year...thanks for asking...
Mike told me ha cannot play uke but can play his bass...because it requires no strumming....here is his FB message..
Well I never had any broken or fractured bones in my life until now and having them on the ribs, collarbone and shoulder blade is progressing much slower than I imagined since you get no cast etc. anyone have any hints on speeding the healing up. On a good note I will still be playing Hawaiian music at nico's tomorrow for lunch. At least I get chauffeured to play. Lol

Last edited:
Who is MGM? And whoever he is I hope is ok. And what happened to him?

MGM was a uke dealer on ebay in hawaii and now works for Hawaii Music Supply... the best uke store on the island...great ukes with free set ups..the place to buy...
He is one nice guy and the go to man for ukes....as he is known for here .....

MGM is a tough kanaka. Not much you can do with those type of breaks but rest and let them heal. I'm sure the tissue trauma of the accident itself is also rough to deal with.
I can't believe he's going to play at Nico's with all that having happened to him.

Take care of yourself Stan, Hau`oli Makahiki Hou, and hope 2013 is much better for you - only a little more than another week of 2012 left!

To protect MGM himself and our good ukulele fellow, I need to ask Andrew to shut him out of HMS door if he ever come to work before his body is fully recovered. But yeah, I reckon MGM is da Hawaiian superman. hehe!

Top Bottom