My custom Kanile'a is finally finished

DavidB

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is a bit premature since I have not gotten my little uke yet, but I could not wait for the official un-boxing ceremony and asked Joe to send me a couple of pics since I have been waiting almost 6 months for it. And, as I soon as I saw the pics, I realized that good things come to those who wait, and after thanking God for such a beautiful uke, I wanted to share my excitement with you all.

I will be getting it the first week of January since I am working out of the country, but once I do, I will give you all a more detailed report.

Here is a quick list of specs:
Tenor
Curly Koa body and faceplate
Ebony Bridge and Fretboard
Slotted headstock with Gilbert tuners
Passive PegPals pickup

I really really love the look of Koa and wanted to take a sleek minimalist approach to show it off. Also, I kinda look at this as an inoculation against UAS, since I am now totally broke :p

Merry Christmas!

CasIMG_0070.jpgIMG_0071.jpg

Last edited:
Wowie! That is really nice koa. It looks amazing. I love the sound of Kanilea tenors.

Last edited:
WOW! :drool: On my list in concert size. Haven't heard of Gilbert tuners.....I think I like them a lot. Congrats.....an awesome looking uke, no, awesome +++

That is sweet! How long ago did you order it?

That is beautiful, David. I know you'll enjoy it! Thanks for sharing it with us.

That is sweet! How long ago did you order it?

I started the order in May so It took 6 months from start to finish, I had to do it all though email which drew out the process a bit longer, and for some reason China blocks their site, and their email occasionally which exacerbated the situation...about a quarter of my emails never got to them. They had to redo the fretboard cause I did not want the fret markers and they put them in. We had about 3 different order forms as changes were made, and I think there was a miscommunication, but Kristen was really cool about it and re-did it for me. I was kinda nervous up until the point I got the pics since all I had was a mental image.

WOW! :drool: On my list in concert size. Haven't heard of Gilbert tuners.....I think I like them a lot. Congrats.....an awesome looking uke, no, awesome +++

Thanks!! If you're ever in my neck of the woods pop on by and rock out with it to your hearts content...this one is meant to be played. If you get a concert one we can form a band ;)

Last edited:
Wow, that's some seriously beautiful koa! Congratulations, that's an awesome instrument.

Ok, I know this is a bit premature since I have not gotten my little uke yet, but I could not wait for the official un-boxing ceremony and asked Joe to send me a couple of pics since I have been waiting almost 6 months for it. And as I soon as I saw the pics, I found out that good things come to those who wait, and after thanking God for such a beautiful uke, I wanted to share my excitement with you all.

I will be getting it the first week of January since I am working out of the country, but once I do, I will give you all a more detailed report.

Here is a quick list of specs:
Tenor
Curly Koa body and faceplate
Ebony Bridge and Fretboard
Slotted headstock with Gilbert tuners
Passive Pegleg pickup

I really really love the look of Koa and wanted to take a minimalist approach to show it off. Also, I kinda look at this as an inoculation against UAS, since I am now totally broke...plus I feel like a nerd dating a supermodel. Enjoy!

CasView attachment 46510View attachment 46511

Which Log did it come from?

love the slothead and sand inlay... Merry Christmas!!!

Wow it's gorgeous! Congratulations!

thats a beautiful uke guy im sure it will look even more beautiful when u get hold it in your hands

Congratulations! That koa is amazing. I'm glad you opted for the low bling look to let that koa grain shine!

Looks like perfection.

Top Bottom